Frozen Hot Chocolate is a blended iced drink made with milk chocolate, hot cocoa mix, sugar, and ice and is topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Try my Hot Cocoa Recipe if you are craving a hot drink.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Frozen Hot Chocolate drink is the perfect refreshing drink for when you are craving chocolate. I love to sip it as a dessert or mid-afternoon pick me up. It is made with homemade chocolate milk powder and topped with homemade whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
Chocolate: I used milk chocolate chips in this recipe.
Hot Cocoa Mix: You can use storebought cocoa mix, or make your own homemade chocolate milk powder to use!
Milk: Warm up the milk to about 110°F. The warm milk will help the chocolate not to seize.
Toppings: Make the drink even sweeter and more delicious by added whipped topping and chocolate syrup on top!
Why is it Called Frozen Hot Chocolate?
How can something be hot and frozen at the same time? Well, this drink’s name is definitely an oxymoron. However, It makes sense when you break down the contents of the drink. You will blend ice with the hot cocoa mix, and that’s where we got the name.
Can I use a Different Chocolate Chip?
Sure! I prefer milk chocolate chocolate chips for this recipe. You can definitely use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips depending on your taste preference!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup (168 g) milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon hot cocoa mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups (490 g) whole milk, warm (approximately 110°F)
- 4 cups ice cubes
- whipped topping, for garnish
- chocolate syrup, for garnish
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add the chocolate chips. Heat in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Add hot cocoa mix, sugar, and warm milk. Stir until combined.
- To a blender, add ice and pour in the chocolate mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately, topped with whipped topping and chocolate syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I live in AZ where the weather is hot hot 🥵 in the summer. Thanks for the frozen hot chocolate recipe!!! I will definitely use it!!
Hi Amanda can u make something for those who are hypoglycemic 🤷♀️I love to try your frozen hot chocolate 🤪
Made it, it’s delish!!!! My grands asked for more, I will soon,
Delightful late night treat! Can’t wait to try again!
It’ll be interesting to try this. The recipe on the back of the hot chocolate mix I use has ice cream in it instead of the milk and sugar, so it will be fun (and tasty) to compare the two.