Creamy, no-fuss Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge needs to be the next recipe on your dessert line-up. This delicious mint and chocolate cookie treat will have your guests coming back for seconds and thirds. If you are an Oreo lover like me, make sure to check out my No Bake Oreo Cheesecake and my Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert!
Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge
If you came here looking for a simple dessert recipe that you could throw together and not have to worry about, you came to the right place my friend. This Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge recipe is one of my all-time favorites because it’s so simple to make. It’s the perfect mixture of chocolate and peppermint that comes out extra creamy and rich. The greatest thing about this fudge recipe is how easy it is to put together and how little work you actually have to put into it. The second greatest thing is the flavor!
Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge Recipe
To make this simple, no fuss fudge recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- white chocolate chips – for this you can also use bakers chocolate or even almond bark, just make sure you are purchasing high-quality ingredients. The lower quality chocolate can come out waxy or gritty.
- green food coloring – This ingredient isn’t absolutely necessary, but I think it makes the fudge look “minty”. You can skip this or use any color you like.
- peppermint extract – This is what gives the fudge the minty flavor. I have also skipped this and just used Mint Oreos.
- sweetened condensed milk – did you know you can make your own sweetened condensed milk? All you need is 1 cup granulated sugar, 4 cups whole milk, 3/4 cup heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Combine everything in a saucepan over medium heat, once it reaches a simmer for 30 minutes, reducing the liquid by half. It should be about 2 cups.
- Oreo cookies – any kind you choose, regular, double stuffed, and mint are my favorites.
How to Make Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge
Start by lining a square baking pan with parchment or foil. I typically go with an 8×8 pan because I like my fudge to be a little thicker. If you go with a larger pan, it will still work but your fudge squares will be thinner. Lightly spray the parchment or foil with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
Next, you will melt your chocolate. Keep in mind that chocolate can be a bit finicky so take your time and watch closely during this step. If you overcook the chocolate it will become gritty and rough. Place the white chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 20-30-second intervals, stirring after each one until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the food coloring and peppermint extract.
Add in the condensed milk and 3/4 of the chopped Oreos (reserve the rest for a garnish at the end). The mixture will become thick, don’t worry, that is what it is supposed to look like! Spread everything into the prepared pan, and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with extra chopped Oreos. Now, this is the hard part. Set the dish in the refrigerator and wait. A minimum of 3 hours, but overnight is best. If you are looking for more fudge recipes, check out cake batter fudge.
How Long Will Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge Keep?
We store our fudge in the refrigerator to keep it around just a little bit longer, but that isn’t necessary. At room temperature, the fudge will keep for about 2 weeks. In the refrigerator, it will keep about 3 weeks. You can also freeze fudge, which is great for gift giving! Just wrap them individually (and tightly). No matter how you store it, make sure the container is airtight so you don’t introduce any outside elements into the container. This will impact how long you can store it.
Mint Chocolate Oreo Fudge
- 16 ounces (about 2 2/3 cups) white chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 drops green food coloring, or more if you want
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 24 Oreos, coarsely chopped
- Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the white chocolate into a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 20-30-second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the food coloring and peppermint extract.
- Add in the condensed milk and 3/4 of the chopped Oreos (reserve the rest for garnish). The mixture will become thick.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with extra chopped Oreos.
- Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours or overnight until completely set.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Looking for More Dessert Recipes?
These are some of my absolute favorites!