I decorated this cake in six minutes last night.
Seriously. It took maybe six minutes to cover the whole cake.
I did that because I wanted to show you the tutorial that I promised on how to make this delish Chocolate Hazelnut cake.
So now YOU can decorate a cake in six minutes.
They sure look alike huh? LOL
I did use the same technique, just a different sized decorators tip!
This is a 9PT tip.
is a 2A tip!
1. Apply gentle pressure to bag and place some frosting on your cake.
2. Make a ‘dot’ with your tip.
3. Using the pressure of the tip, push down and away. (Like you are moving the tip away from the dot, but taking a bit of the frosting with you.)
Repeat this over the entire cake and you are all done!
It’s a quick process and has a big impact.
Pretty, pink, silly, different, unique, and fun enough to delight any recipient!
Let me know if you try it!
The Perfect Crusting Buttercream
- 2 pounds confectioners sugar
- 1 cup shortening, check alternate method for butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, use clear if want white frosting
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup whole milk
- pinch salt
Cream shortening and vanilla in mixer for 2-4 minutes. Add in powder sugar, one cup at a time. If you find your mixer struggling, slowing add in milk. Use more milk for a creamy consistency, use less milk for a stiff consistency.
Use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening. Place room temp. butter and shortening in mixer. Put entire bag of powder sugar on top, then add vanilla and 1/2 cup milk. Turn mixer on low and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Turn mixer up to med-high and mix for 2-4 minutes. Can add more milk to reach desired consistency.
Add in some pink or red food color as needed.