Red Velvet Cupcakes are a delicious, chocolatey, vibrant treat that most folks seem to love! Don’t miss my amazing Red Velvet Cake, full-sized Red Velvet Cupcakes, and Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat sugar, egg, and oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in food coloring and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, making three additions of flour and two of buttermilk and beating on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Prepare MINI cupcake pan with liners if desired.
- Fill each well with about 1 1/2 tbsp batter. (If using a regular cupcake pan, use about 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter)
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (or 14-18 in a regular pan) or until a tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Red Velvet Cupcakes (Mini)
These adorable little red velvet cupcakes are a perfect treat! Bite-sized mean you can eat more. I mean, bite-sized means you can enjoy them without all the guilt of a full sized cupcake!
I decided to pair my mini red velvet cupcakes with my favorite ever cream cheese frosting. Although it seems controversial, I love cream cheese with red velvet anything. If you want a classic ermine recipe, here you go!
Tips for Baking the Perfect Red Velvet Cupcake
Because I adore you all so much I am going to give you my three TRIED & TESTED tips for perfect cupcakes:
- Room temperature ingredients.
- Oven Placement- try to make sure pans never touch each other or the sides of the oven
- Oven Temperature- try decreasing temperature by 25 degrees after you place cupcakes in oven.
By doing these things in conjunction with a reliable recipe, you are guaranteed cupcake success!