Sixty

filed under: Miscellaneous on June 10, 2010

IMG_6659.stamp

Sixtieth Birthday Cookies

I made some cookies for Sally’s sixtieth birthday.

The request was, “black, hot pink, white, classy, birthday”

I used this sugar cookie recipe and this glaze recipe.

IMG_6673.stamp

I found a picture of a flower that I liked so I made a rough sketch of it.

I have no idea if it’s classy or not… asking me to define classy can be hit or miss.

Mostly miss.

IMG_6787.stamp

IMG_6627.stamp
Then I tried something new.

I think the cookies are ok but they did not turn out like I had hoped! The swirly outside design is actually continuous “60’s” around the edge.

IMG_6631.stamparrow

Can ya see it? (I feel like I say that a lot)

It might have turned out like I had envisioned if I had a steadier hand… this is one of those designs that might work better with more practice.

IMG_6620.stamp

IMG_6690.stamp

IMG_6795.lightstamp

Happy Sixtieth Birthday Sally! Hope you enjoy your cookies!

Your email address will not be published.

Comments

• Jessica @ How Sweet says:

Those are just great!

• Melissa says:

I think they sum up class just fine!

• Lesley Yates says:

Super cute…as always!!! You’re making me want to experiment right now. But, I don’t need cookies right now. Oooooohhh, just had an idea…I’ll make some for my daughter’s teacher! Ok, now I need an idea! I’ve been wanting to experiment with painting on sugar cookies.

• Amanda Rettke says:

There are some amazing tutorials at University of Cookie for painting!

• Shanna says:

LOVE the continuous 60’s and the NO LIMITS! I hope I’m as lively when I’m 60! CUTE!

• Lora says:

sooo creative. love em. I am sure the Birthday girl was thrilled.

• ElizaBeth says:

I love the curly “60s” along the edge! Okay- I need Father’s Day ideas…. Got any I can can copy? 😉

• Paula says:

They are pretty, classy and cute. Love your detailed pink flower.

• Sharlaine says:

Amanda,you really do a fine job with conf. glaze the color is beautiful…perhaps a much better finish than that of royal icing. Did you ever give us a clue as to which tip you use for writing…your work is simply beautiful!

• Wei-Wei says:

Happy birthday to Sally! These look just lovely; the colours are wonderful and slightly understated, making for that “classy” look you were going for – and I like the border! Don’t know if she’d want that many reminders that she’s 60, though. 😉
    Wei-Wei

• Jackiefo says:

These look totally fantastic as usual! I really love these, they are simple but also fabulous. She will love them!

• Renee says:

Super Snazzy. I hope Sally enjoys them! Well done Amanda!

• faithy says:

Awesome design and lovely cookies!! I think those swirls are lovely imo!! The little uneven swirls gives it more character and i think they are fab! I love the swirls!

• Londa says:

Sally is one lucky birthday gal! Do you ever get “froster’s cramp”? You know, like a writer’s cramp? Amazing beautiful little detail!

• Jessica says:

Ah, very nice! I like the 60 around the edge – very creative. I would not have noticed unless you pointed it out.

• Alicia says:

Oh my..those are soooooooo pretty!! I love all those colors!!!!!

• BJ_Mama says:

They sure look Classy to me! But what do I know?!?! 😉

• grace says:

classy? yes. this is a definite hit. i love the 60s along the border–very clever. 🙂

• Lauren @ Crave. Indulge. Satisfy. says:

Super cute cookies! Love the variation of designs you did, I’m sure Sally will love them all! The “No Limits 60” is great!

• Karen Gulley says:

These are beautiful and I love the “60” around the edges…Sally will too!
    I just stumbled onto your blog a couple of weeks ago as a fellow sugar cookie decorator!
    I was wondering you you would tell me, when you do your round cookies, how big is the circle? Same for the square/retangle.
    Also, do you use a #0 or #00 frosting tip? I can’t seem to find then anywhere, I would love to konw where you got them
    Thanks so much, I love the blog.

• corinne says:

hello there ! just a quick note to tell you that I just l o v e all your little cookies !!! really each of them are so cute which I’m sure must make it hard to eat them 😉
    Thanks for your posts, they are really lovely.
    Corinne

• Peggy Gorman says:

Too cute! I love your work!

• Jen @ Project Cookie 365 says:

They look great!! Even without noticing it was “60” as a border, it still looks really fun as loops! And I think it looks classy, you’re pulled it off!

• Maranda says:

Those are so awesome! I especially like the speed limit ones! Great job (as always) and thanks for sharing!

• bridget {bake at 350} says:

The 60 border! Soooooo cute, Amanda! Your cookies are always *just perfect*! Now, quit being so gosh-darn clever….you make the rest of us look bad! 😉

• I Am Baker Logo

Brand new recipes that people find kinda acceptable.

INTRODUCING...