This is one of those, “I just want to eat the most fattening ridiculous thing possible,” kind of treats. Skillet Oreo Brownies are my go-to when I have a craving. They are based on this perfect Brownie Recipe! You also enjoy my Piggy Pie Dessert.
Skillet Oreo Brownies
I am obsessed with skillet baking. I love how evenly and perfectly everything cooks! Making a decadent brownie recipe with hidden Oreo’s and ice cream on top is probably one of the easiest ways to impress friends and family. It comes together so fast no one will know that you weren’t slaving away in the kitchen!
How to Make Oreo Brownies
Mix up a batch of brownies. (recipe below) Prepare your cast iron skillet. Everyone does this differently it seems, so just make sure you prepare it in a way that will ensure your brownies don’t stick. I opted for a non-stick spray and will just season the skillet with bacon grease after I have eaten the entire pan. Um, I mean after we have finished eating them all.
Pour 1/3 of your brownie batter into your prepared skillet.
I used 19 Oreo’s and placed them over the batter. Pour remaining 2/3 of batter over Oreo’s. Be sure to cover them all!
Bake for about 35 minutes. Because the skillet retains heat so well you will want to remove them a couple of minutes before they are completely done. I inserted a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it was removed there were a few tiny wet crumbs. This is good.
Very good. Ooey Gooey good.
Take the brownies out of the oven and let them sit for about five minutes. Then scoop some vanilla ice cream over the top and drizzle with a few crushed Oreo’s. You can also glop some hot fudge on. Maybe even some marshmallow topping. Or caramel. Or butterscotch sauce.
On nothing! No matter how you eat these they will taste amazing!
Then cut yourself a slice. And stop and take a picture because that would be pretty. Or lose all control and start eating and then remember you need to take a picture.
I, uh must have been going for a “rustic” image here. Yeah, that’s it.
Skillet Oreo Brownies
- 1 cup (226g) butter, melted, then cooled slightly
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup (80g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup (128g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 19 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the vanilla. Add in the butter and gently stir dry ingredients.
- Prepare your 12-inch cast-iron skillet. (Everyone does this differently it seems, so just make sure you prepare it in a way that will ensure your brownies don't stick. I used a non-stick spray.
- Pour ⅓ of your brownie batter into your prepared skillet.I used 19 Oreo's and placed them over the batter. Pour the remaining ⅔ of batter over Oreo's. Be sure to cover them all!
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Because the skillet retains heat so well you will want to remove them a couple of minutes before they are completely done. I inserted a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it was removed there were a few tiny wet crumbs.
- Optional: Top with ice cream and crushed oreo. I highly recommend eating directly from the pan! 🙂
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.