I am a sucker for a good brownie recipe. I like a consistently good brownie. I like it to have a flaky crust. I like it chewy inside. I like to taste the chocolate. I wanted the best homemade BROWNIE MIX and this is it!
What is Brownie Mix?
When it comes to baking I also love convenience. And being able to dump stuff in a bowl and make magic. So this is my attempt to capture the ease of a box brownie mix but without the other icky stuff.
Brownie Mix Uses
This recipe tastes amazing and easily lends itself to adaptations. For instance, you can add any sort of chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, M&M’s, Nutella, etc. You can also easily double the recipe or pair the brownie mix with frosting.
One thing to note, this brownie mix recipe is not huge. It yields 9 brownies. (Most people don’t have five kids like me and prefer “normal” size pan of brownies.)
Another bonus? There are only three “wet” ingredients.
Butter, eggs, and vanilla.
And the brownie recipe can be made in one bowl too.
How awesome is that?
These BROWNIES ARE AMAZING folks!
I think these brownies are really good, but I especially loved them when paired with a sweet or tart fruit such as raspberries.
And stacked in a pile of three and covered in chocolate sauce.
That’s just how I roll folks. That’s just how I roll.
Here is the perfect chocolate frosting made just for these brownies! My secret ingredient is the perfect compliment to the perfect homemade brownie recipe.
Did you happen to see this?
To make this brownie I used the same recipe above then added chocolate chips to the recipe as well as a couple on top after I took them out of the oven.
Here is my BIG SECRET DON’T TELL ANYONE TIP: Remove them 5-10 before they are done. This is not recommended if you are opposed to eating brownie batter!! But if you love ooey gooey chocolate brownie amazingness then it is worth trying. 🙂
The best of the best! These brownies are always delicious!
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 cup (64g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter melted then cooled
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. McCormick vanilla
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Place into a jar or airtight container.
- On a gift tag or label write the wet ingredients and quantities and then directions. "Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with the vanilla. Add in and gently stir dry ingredients. Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated. Spread batter in a prepared 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees."
Check out these other great homemade treats: