Everyone who tries this moist and flavorful Pumpkin Cake falls in love with it! It’s even better with my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice!
Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Generously spray a 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. (This can also be done by hand with a whisk)
- Pour batter into slow cooker; cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Uncover and cool 10 minutes. (Make sure slow cooker is off) Run a knife around the edge to loosen; turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- With hand held mixer on low, gradually add in confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
There are a lot of reasons why someone might not want to turn on the oven, but for me it was simply space. Here on the homestead, we have lots of projects that need to be completed in a fairly short amount of time… canning being at the top of the list.
Instead of displacing my hard-working hubby where we were getting through more tomatoes than we have ever had, I decided to make him & the kids a sweet treat that would require little to no effort. (on my part as well!)
I have to admit, I was pretty darn skeptical of “baking” in a crockpot. It ended up working beautifully!
Ok so let’s break this down:
Super easy prep time and no effort cooking. (thank you slow-cooker)
Amazing pumpkin flavor and a cake so moist you can hardly stand it.
Cake covered in the silkiest smooth cream cheese frosting.
I’d say that is a winning combination!
U are a genius, wen making cake, I hope I can follow in you’re ways of cooking.
Wow wow wow This is Incredible..
Can this cake be baked in a regular pan in the oven? Time/temp? You had a similar pumpkin cake recipe a while back that I loved but I lost it when my computer crashed. Pleasehelp because I am not able to handle the crock pot method. Thank you.
I love the idea of a crock pot, but can I bake it in the oven ?
I am very disappointed because my cake started to burn on the sides after about an hour and ten minutes! I had to turn it off, but the toothpick came out clean. It’s cooling now and I will frost it. Hope it tastes better than it looks! I might try it in my smaller, round crockpot next time.
fixed it for thanksgiving, turned out great, just had a bit of a time issue, ended up taking 2 1/2 hours, although I’m sure me checking it every 15 mins after the 1 ohr and 45mins, may have slowed things down a bit, but it turned out great, and was a big hit with the neighbors.
P.S. should I have pre heated the slow cooker????