Strawberry Lemon Blondies are soft and chewy dessert bars with a lemony flavor and fresh strawberries and topped with a lemon glaze. Try my Lemon Brownies for another lemon-flavored treat!
Strawberry Lemon Blondies
The texture of these dessert bars is like a fudgy brownie but in a strawberry and lemon-flavored dessert bar. Blondies, also known as blonde brownies, are rich dessert bars that are made with brown sugar to give them that extra sweetness. With added lemon juice, lemon zest, and fresh strawberries, these blondies are the perfect summer treat!
Strawberry Lemon Blondies Ingredients
Lemons: I used both lemon juice and the zest of a lemon in the blondies. Make sure you wash the lemon before zesting it. For the lemon juice, you can use fresh lemon juice or storebought juice.
Strawberries: Wash and hull the strawberries before dicing them. Fresh strawberries are best. However, you can use frozen strawberries. If they are large frozen strawberries, let them thaw for about 25 minutes before dicing them. Then, be sure to drain them before folding them into the batter. If they are small enough, you could leave them whole, but be sure to drain the excess liquid.
Eggs: Make sure when adding the eggs and egg yolk that they are at room temperature. Add the eggs and yolk one at a time, mixing well after each addition so it emulsifies with the butter.
Glaze: For the glaze, I went with a lemon-flavored glaze, mixing confectioners’ sugar with lemon juice. However, if you are getting plenty of lemon flavor from the blondies themselves, you can use water in place of lemon juice for the glaze. You can also enjoy the bars with no glaze at all.
How to Make the Glaze
The glaze for these Strawberry Lemon Blondies is optional, but there are a couple of different flavor options. The glaze I made was made with confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. It was the perfect complement to the lemon flavor of the blondies. However, you can also make the glaze with water in place of the lemon juice.
PRO TIP: Make sure the blondies have cooled before adding the glaze. If you don’t care about how the bars look, you can add the glaze warm; it will just soak in more.
How to Store Strawberry Lemon Blondies
Store the blondies in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to five days. You could also freeze the blondies for up to three months. When ready to enjoy them, let the bars thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
More Delicious Bars
Strawberry Lemon Blondies
- 1 cup (2 sticks / 226 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1¾ cups (350 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2½ cups (285 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup (125 g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 9×9-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper (or lightly grease and flour). (You could use a 9×13-inch pan for more servings, but the bars will be thinner.)
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir well.
- Add the eggs and the egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture until completely combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until the edges are turning golden brown. (If you are using a 9×13-inch pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.)
- Remove from oven and allow blondies to cool before glazing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled blondies and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Amanda your recipes look so delicious I will have to try them look forward to what’s next as they all seem to make up quick and easy. I can taste the pies just by looking at them. Keep the cook cooking. Above all continue enjoying your talent.
Amazing!! Super easy and absolutely delicious!
Can you use frozen strawberries in this?