Sugar Cookie Truffles are a sweet treat made with crumbled sugar cookies and cream cheese, coated in white chocolate, and topped with sprinkles. For another easy Christmas dessert, be sure to try my Oreo Truffles!
Sugar Cookie Truffles
These sugar cookie truffles have all of the flavors you love from a sugar cookie packed into a decadent bite-sized treat. This three-ingredient recipe will be a perfect addition to your Christmas dessert charcuterie board! For more delicious bite-sized treats for your board, make a batch of peanut butter balls and cookie dough balls.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Sugar Cookies: I used my homemade sugar cookie recipe for these truffles. To make this recipe even easier, you could pick up a box of sugar cookies from the store!
Chocolate: I preferred white chocolate for this recipe. The flavor complements the sugar cookie so well! You could substitute with milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate depending on your taste preference.
Cream Cheese: Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before adding it to the food processor.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
To make your Christmas dessert preparations even easier, these sugar cookie truffles can be made in advance and frozen! Store the truffles in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to two months. Don’t forget to label and date your container! When ready to enjoy, allow the truffles to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
How to Store
Because these contain cream cheese, be sure to store the truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container. The truffles will last up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 10-12 sugar cookies
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups (170 g) white chocolate chips
- sprinkles, optional, for topping
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add sugar cookies to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are ground down to a fine crumb. (This will be about 2 cups of crushed cookies.)
- Add the cream cheese. Continue to pulse the mixture until smooth.
- Scoop out the mixture and form it into 1-inch ball shapes. Place each ball onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Chill the balls in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes, or until firm.
- When ready, add the white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments, stirring after each time, until the chocolate is melted and creamy.
- Remove the truffles from the refrigerator. Working one at a time, gently drop the balls into the melted chocolate, making sure they are completely coated in chocolate.
- Using a fork, lift out the chocolate-covered truffles. Use a toothpick or another fork to slide the truffle onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. (You may need to reheat the chocolate to keep it a thin mixture.) Immediately add sprinkles if using.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Store the truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.