I have probably made three bundt cakes in my life, and I totally plan on rectifying that this year. I declare 2014 the YEAR OF THE BUNDT!
My bundt cakes will be overly a-bundt-ant.
Ha, ha, see what I did there??
Vanilla Bundt Cake with Vanilla Glaze
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 c powdered confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- Beat granulated sugar, butter, and eggs in stand mixer at medium speed until well blended. Change speed to low and add milk and vanilla; change back to medium speed and mix well. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.* Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Gently loosen cake from pan with knife and turn out onto wire rack; cool completely.
- Put powder sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in medium bowl and mix until fully incorporated. If glaze is not runny enough, add more milk. You will want glaze to be thick enough to hold it's "drip" on the cake, but runny enough to pour.
- *If making surprise-inside cake see additional directions in blog post.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
This is simply a vanilla bundt cake with vanilla glaze. Well, maybe there is a bit more to it than that…
There is something so beautiful to me about the bold geometric design paired with the delicate yet colorful beautiful flowers. This cake stand is one of my most prized! (It is available in two sizes and both are wonderful!)
I really wanted to make sure that the cake could stand up to the elegance of it; that the cake was subtle in beauty, but delicious and bold in flavor.
Two things: I made a Surprise-Inside Cake in my bundt! I was so inspired by the flowers on the cake stand and plates that I added a two-toned blue flower with a yellow center to my bundt cake!
Also, this is a classic vanilla bundt recipe handed down for generations in my family. My Great Grandma gave me her church cookbook from 1953 and this is her ingredients paired with my instructions. This recipe is SO well loved and SO good, people have requested it for their wedding cake!
To make the flowers I followed this general design for a surprise-inside cake.
If you like surprise-inside Cakes, be sure to check out my new book, Surprise-Inside Cakes!!