Vertical Layer Rose Cake

filed under: Miscellaneous on January 31, 2011

*Tutorial HERE!

I have been dreaming about this cake for about a month.

IMG_8836.stamp

Dreaming of layers that went up and down instead of horizontally.

IMG_8950.stamp

Dreaming of obscene amounts of delicate frosting roses.

IMG_8855.stamp

Dreaming of a variety of flavors.

IMG_8886.stamp

And finally, my dream has come true.

IMG_8958.stamp

Normally I share recipes and techniques and design aspects and every detail I can think of sharing… and maybe I will do that if anyone cares to know. But for now, I just want to enjoy it.

Why?

IMG_8895.stamp2

Because tomorrow (Feb. 1st) is my birthday. And I wanted to make myself a cake! (thats me getting sassy with myself)

I just want to sit back, relax, and have a piece.

But I do wish I could share it with you.

Cause man oh man…

It. Is. Good.

Comments

• sara says:

Gorgeous! This is so amazing! Love the cake. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jody says:

I hope that you had a wonderful birthday! And that cake? AMAZING! I hope at some point you share how you made not only the vertical layers but the gorgeous roses.

• Marjo Brans says:

Did you have a happy birthday, I bet you had, I would if I had such a cake!! Can you please share the recipe…..

• MandyM says:

I can’t wait to read the tutorial on doing vertical stripes! What a striking looking cake, inside and out. Brilliant.
    I hope you had a fantastic birthday ๐Ÿ™‚

• Erika says:

That is SO beautiful. I learned how to make roses in a Wilton class, but how on earth did you layer them so closely like that?!
    Amazing.

• Pat says:

I can’t think of a more beautiful birthday cake to have! Would LOVE the recipe and technique if you choose to share. You had me at the roses anyway ~ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Cristin (Pinkie) says:

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your cake, it’s beautiful!

• Rachelle @ Mommy? I'm Hungry! says:

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful cake!

• Rhonda Tatum says:

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Yes, please post the technique. I would love to try making this wonderful creation.

• Cherished Hearts Vintage says:

Gorgeous cake! Now I’ll be wondering just how you did the layers!

• Ivory says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and please do share how to do this cake when you get a chance, i’m loving the vertical layers, and i’d love to know how to do those roses, i know how to do traditional roses but these are such a cute alternative

• evie says:

Gorgeous looking cake. Happy belated birthday and I do hope you will share the how-to.

• Darla says:

Happy belated Birthday! My Gawd…that is the most beautiful cake I’ve ever seen. Ever. I want to make that! How’d you do that?????

• Aimee @ Chickenville says:

I always say, all cool people are born in Feb – Happy Birthday. I LOVE this cake and I’ve decided to make it for my (40th…gasp) birthday on Feb 20th. It looks so pretty and I’m all about the icing too. I do agree with a previous comment, it would make a beautiful pillow on my bed!
    Thank you for sharing how to make it happen. I really can’t believe you are a “new” cake decorator. You have an amazing talent.

• Stephane says:

I’m sorry I missed your birthday; belated happy wishes! Your cake is truly spectacular.

• Heather says:

Happy Birthday, Amanda! I seriously heart this cake!!! I have a great chocolate cake recipe a friend gave me, [which must only be made on special occassions because I WILL devour the whole thing m’self if left unsupervised…it’s just THAT good!] and I can harly wait to dress this recipe in roses! Valentine’s Day, maybe??? Thanks for the tutorial – hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Heather

• hany says:

its really wow…………..it pretty late to be wishing you a happy b’day….anyway wish you a happy belated b’day

• lisa says:

I wanted to let you know that I actually attempted this cake this weekend. Your instructions were BANG on! Both my cakes ( I needed two for two occasions this weekend) were definite hits! I can’t tell you how many pictures were taken of these cakes ..lol
    Please pop over and take a look!!
    Thanks for sharing the perfect cake for Valentine’s Day weekend.
    Lisa

• Bakemedelicious.blogspot.com says:

Fabolous………. so beautiful

• Whisksandchopsticks says:

What a lovely cake that is! I hope you had a beautiful birthday too! Thanks for sharing how-to those beautiful roses!

• Asal says:

I’ve been staring at this gorgeous cake for a few days now and still cant get over it. Could you pleeeez share your vertical layer technique? Please and thank you!

• Debbie says:

Oh. My. Goodness. I just LOVE those vertical layers! Wow. I can’t wait to read how you did that. I’m going to be making my brothers wedding cake and if it’s not too insane, I may talk he and his bride into trying that! So awesome. Gorgeous cake. Hope your birthday was just as great!

• Amy says:

I have never been to your blog, just followed a link on FB because this cake was just so absolutely beautiful. You are such an artist! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful birthday.

• Michelle says:

Our boat is called White Rose- I would love to make this cake to celebrate the re-christening of her this summer. Hope your Birthday was a great one!

• Amanda says:

I just made this cake for my mom’s birthday. I didn’t do the vertical layers because she only wanted a white cake, but I decorated it with the roses. Although yours looks better than mine did (not that I’m surprised!), I was impressed with how easy it was to do and impressed myself by how nice mine looked when it was done. Thanks for sharing!! ๐Ÿ™‚