New Years Eve Cupcakes {Tutorial}

One last before the New Year begins… and I couldn't resist sharing some cupcakes with you!

I added some quick instructions if you want to try these yourself.  You could do any design… you are only limited by your imagination!

IMG_7315.stamp

They are super festive, and could not be easier to do!

Pick your favorite cake recipe, I happen to love this chocolate cake, and your favorite frosting.  It can be anything, cream cheese, buttercream, whipped even!

To make the 'fireworks' embellishment, I just threw some white chocolate chips into a plastic bag and melted them in 30 second increments until completely melted.

Then cut off the smallest tip I could and piped out a design I had decided upon before hand.

*An easy trick to doing this is use wax or parchment paper, then place your design behind the paper.

IMG_7295.stamp

You can see that I am very precise.

While the chocolate was still wet, I added some sparkle!

IMG_7298.stamp

I would have loved to use silver luster dust, but my dear daughter found it and decided to decorate the carpet and walls instead.

Let the chocolate set for about a half hour, or just pop into the freezer for a couple minutes.

Insert into pre-iced cupcake, and you are all set!

IMG_7324.stamp

IMG_7368.stamp

Thank you for being such a huge part of "i am baker" in 2010.

I have just fallen hopelessly in love with you all, and cant wait to see how our will relationship flourish in 2011!

***

You can find this post and MANY others over at tidymom.net… its seriously the best holiday round-up!

Comments

1. says

Now those are celebration cupcakes indeed! Love what you did. All the best to you in 2011 Amanda, looking forward to following your posts in the coming year. So very much enjoyed this past one.

2. says

So fun! And so easy! I think I might give it a shot! Is that sparkle dust available at a regular grocery store? Or maybe in the cake-decorating section at Walmart?
    PS. I thought about you today when I was making my birthday cake. It was from a box mix and I felt so ashamed, lol. Maybe next year, I’ll try one from scratch!

3. meaghan (chic cookies) says

LOVE! Oh so perfect. I posted a link on ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com. And how very darling and considerate that your daughter is so festive and decorated your house for you!

4. Mary says

At first I didn’t believe you when you said it couldn’t be easier, but maybe I could actually do these!!!!
    We are so happy to read your blogs Amanda and wish you and your family a wonderful new year!! :)

5. linda says

these cupcakes are fabulous & i love the tutorial (possibilities are endless!)…
    thanks so much & best wishes amanda…for a new year filled with laughter, love, good health & happiness!

6. says

ha! Sorry to read that your little gal decorated your house with the luster dust. Not cool. These cupcakes on the other hand are very cool! Happy New Year my friend – I too am excited for the upcoming year. Bet lots of cool stuff will happen ;) XO

Trackbacks

1. [...] Toast the New Year with sparkling white grape juice and serve finger foods such as chicken fingers, homemade pizza, veggies and fruits.  You can also serve up a pretty cheese tray.  Desserts can be a simple confetti cake or these very festive New Year’s Eve cupcakes. [...]