Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs are biscuit dough filled with apple pie filling, cooked in an air fryer until golden brown, and coated in an apple pie spice and sugar mixture. Try my Apple Hand Pies or No-Bake Apple Pie for more fun apple pie treats.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs
Apple Pie Bombs are a fun and tasty way to get all the flavors of an apple pie without all the hassle of baking a homemade pie. Store-bought biscuit dough is used to hold in the apple pie filling and then air fried. For added flavor, the fried apple pie bombs are dipped in butter and rolled into an apple pie spice and sugar coating.
This recipe was inspired by Miss in the Kitchen’s Air Fryer Churro Apple Bombs recipe.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs Ingredients
Apple Pie Spice: The apple pie spice is used in the coating to add even more apple spice flavor. If you don’t have any on hand, I have a homemade apple pie spice recipe here! You could get by with using a cinnamon and sugar coating if you can’t get ahold of any apple pie spice.
Biscuits: I used a can of store-bought biscuits for this recipe. It was easy and they air fried to a nice golden brown in the air fryer. You could also make these with pie crust dough or puff pastry dough.
Apple Pie Filling: I added a teaspoon of cinnamon to the store-bought apple pie filling. I thought it needed a bit more spice. Also, chop the apples into smaller pieces. However, if you are using homemade apple pie filling, you could get by without the added cinnamon.
Can I Bake Them in the Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, follow the same instructions up until putting them in the air fryer. Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake the apple pie bombs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15-17 minutes. When they are baked through, dip them in the melted butter and coat with the apple pie spice and sugar mixture. Enjoy!
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
How to Freeze Apple Pie Bombs
After they have been cooked, let the apple pie bombs come to room temperature. Then, freeze them on a baking sheet until frozen. Once frozen, store them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Be sure to label and date the container.
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the can and use your hand to peel and separate each into two layers. Using a rolling pin, roll each layer of biscuit into a 4-inch circle. (You will have 16 circles.)
- In a small bowl, combine the apple pie filling with cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the apple pie filling and cinnamon mixture into the center of each circle.
- Use your fingers to pull sides together and pinch to seal. Roll into balls.
- Spray the basket of an air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
- Working in batches, place the balls into an air fryer basket about 2 inches apart. Spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Air fry at 350°F for 8-9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the balls from the air fryer, dipping each in melted butter.
- Roll each dipped apple pie bomb into the apple pie spice and sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining batches.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.