Apple Cheddar Sliders are dessert sliders blending sweet apple pie filling with subtle savory cheddar cheese slices, all topped with a buttery cinnamon and sugar topping. For another delicious apple dessert, try my Apple Pie Dessert Nachos!
Apple Cheddar Sliders
Sliders have come a long way since the 1940s when sailors in the U.S. Navy would eat mini hamburgers. The hamburgers were so greasy, they would ‘slide’ down the sailors’ throats in about 2 bites! When I think of sliders, I immediately think of White Castle or my Cheeseburger Sliders.
Although White Castle has desserts, they do not offer dessert sliders, but after they see this recipe, they just might! The combination of apple pie filling and cheddar cheese in these Apple Cheddar Sliders may sound strange, but it’s actually a perfect union of food pairings.
Rolls: For all of my slider recipes, I use King’s Hawaiian rolls. In fact, I even have homemade Hawaiian Rolls you might want to try!
Apple Pie Filling: Use canned filling or make your own apple pie filling!
Cheese: Cheddar cheese is what I used; however, you could try this recipe with other kinds of cheese, too!
Topping: The cinnamon and sugar topping adds even more sweetness to the sliders.
What do Apple Cheddar Sliders Taste Like?
This specific recipe is one that I LOVE to share. It boggles the mind and often people make up their minds about it before trying it. But once they have taken that first bite, their eyes light up! It is as sweet and scrumptious as apple pie with just the smallest hint of something different. The cheddar seems to lose its potent flavor and perfectly complement the apple and cinnamon.
How to Store
Although best fresh from the oven, you can keep the sliders in the refrigerator, covered, for a couple of days. Reheat them in the microwave.
Apple Cheddar Sliders
- ¼ cup (½ stick / 57 g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Split your rolls in half, place the bottom half in a prepared 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the apple pie filling over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Top with cheddar cheese slices
- Place the top half of the buns on top.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the butter mixture over the top of the buns.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the tops of the sliders are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.