Holiday Wreath Fruit Tray is a beautiful and colorful display of fruit and herbs in a circular design with fruit dip in the center for serving. The fruit tray is presented to represent a wreath, a popular symbol of Christmas. Be sure to add this to your holiday menu!
Holiday Wreath Fruit Tray
Yes, you could simply offer a fruit tray for all of your holiday gatherings, but why not add a little special touch to it? This recipe, adapted from The Healthy Table’s Christmas Fruit Wreath, proves that it doesn’t take much time at all to make this appetizer look like you put a little extra thought into it. So, it’s not just a healthy option for your Christmas party, but a lovely and festive way to present it!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Fruit Dip: I have a wonderful recipe for fruit dip if you want a homemade option. However, you could also use a container (13.5 ounces) of store-bought dip.
Herbs: The sprigs of mint and rosemary will represent the greenery part of a wreath and will be the base to hold the fruit.
Fruit: Because this is a holiday fruit tray, I tried to stick with as many red and green fruits as possible. However, depending on when you are serving the tray, it’s easy to customize the kinds of fruits (and colors) for your celebration or gathering.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
Sure! If you want to get a head start, you can get all of the fruit washed and cut up to 3 days in advance. I would recommend storing the fruits in separate containers and assembling the tray the day you are serving. Once the fruit tray is sitting out, keep in mind it should be refrigerated within 2 hours.
What to Do With Leftover Fruit
If you have lots of fresh fruit left over, don’t let it go to waste. Here are some options:
- Add some pieces of fruit to a pitcher of water and store it in the refrigerator to enjoy when thirsty.
- Use it to make a smoothie. Here are some Easy Smoothie Recipes to get you started. If you are not going to make a smoothie right away, freeze the fruit to use later.
- Add fruit to a drink like Sangria.
- Use the fruit in a dessert. (Strawberry Delight, anyone?)
- Enjoy it yourself!
Holiday Wreath Fruit Tray
- 1 ½ cups fruit dip
- 5-7 sprigs mint
- 5-7 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cups (302 g) green grapes, cut into small bunches
- 1 cup (151 g) red grapes, removed from the stem
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled, cut into rounds
- 1 cup (166 g) quartered strawberries, plus 2-3 whole strawberries
- ½ cup (125 g) raspberries
- ¼ cup (43.5 g) pomegranate arils (seeds)
- Place a small bowl of fruit dip in the center of a large, 13-inch circular cutting board or platter.
- Around the perimeter of the board, place the sprigs of mint and rosemary in a circle with the stems pointing towards the dip.
- Place the green grapes on top of the herbs. (Some of the herbs should stick out the sides.)
- Evenly place the red grapes, strawberries, kiwi, and raspberries on top of the green grapes.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate arils evenly over the top.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.