This Banana Bread recipe has been around forever and there is a reason, it’s just plain good. No muss, no fuss, just simple ingredients, and fantastic flavor! You may also like my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Beer Bread!
Best Banana Bread
I have another Banana Bread recipe on this blog. It’s perfect and amazing and I have made it no less than fifty times. My dear hubby brought some other woman’s banana bread home from work. And then he said… get this…
“I like this better.”
I Throw myself on the floor in a fit of justified hysteria.
And then I decided to see if I could replicate it. Cause he was right, it was fabulous.
I found a recipe that was a bit different, tweaked it a bit, and boy am I happy.
It’s amazing. Delicious. Moist. Full of wonderful banana flavor. I would never have known this banana bread bliss had another woman’s baked goods not threatened to capture my hubbies heart.
Grandma's recipe stands the test of time!
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare chosen pan.
- Blend together the eggs, yogurt, oil, extract and bananas in mixer with low speed.
- Add in sugars and fully incorporate.
- Then add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- I have doubled this recipe with great success.(Be sure to start checking your banana bread at 45 minutes. I have had it be done in 50 minutes or heard that it can take as much as 75 minutes. It just depends on the accuracy of your oven.)