Is there anything better than brownies and chocolate chip cookie covered in decadent chocolate syrup? This (surprisingly easy!) Brownie Cookie Dough Cake is sure to be a show-stopper! If you love cake, be sure to visit my 50 Best Cake Recipes in the World!
Brownie Cookie Dough Cake
To make this cake you will need:
2 boxes of Brownie Mix (or you can triple this homemade brownie recipe)
cookie dough frosting (below)
4 cups chocolate chips (can be milk or semi-sweet chocolate)
1 cup mini chocolate chips
small offset spatula
How to Make Brownie Cookie Dough Cake
Begin by preparing brownie mixes according to box directions. (Or making from-scratch brownies.) Place 2 cups of brownie batter into each 8-inch round cake pan, three pans total. (To prepare the pans I generously coated them with GOOP, then placed a parchment circle in the bottom, then added more GOOP.)
Allow brownies to cool then remove from pan.
While the brownie is baking, prepare Cookie Dough Frosting.
How to Assemble a Brownie Cookie Dough Cake
Place 1 layer of brownie on the cake stand. Cover with about 1/2 cup of cookie dough frosting using a small offset spatula. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips on top. Add the next layer of brownie, cover with 1/2 cup cookie dough frosting, then 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Place the final layer of brownie on top and cover the entire cake with the remaining cookie dough frosting.
Now press chocolate chips into the sides and top of the cake. Fill in as much as possible.
Drizzle 1 cup of chocolate syrup (you can also use chocolate ganache) over the entire cake. Chill until ready to serve.
I am thankful that Kara from Kara’s Koutour Cakes addressed the “raw flour” issue. I could not agree with her more! SEE IT HERE
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Beat brown sugar and butter together in a stand mixer (or hand-held mixer) on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add in flour and vanilla extract into creamed butter until fully combined.
- With the mixer on low speed, and in milk a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- For the Brownie Cookie Dough Cake the mini chocolate chips will be added on top of the frosting. You can also add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips directly into the frosting.
- IF YOU DON'T WANT TO USE FLOUR out of the bag, just place it on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.