These chocolate chip cookies will rival any chocolate chip cookie recipe~ they are soft and full of buttery chocolate deliciousness! Looking for more amazing Cookie Recipes? Don’t miss my perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies or Christmas Cookies!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
We have been blessed with a very healthy zucchini crop this year and I am taking full advantage! Zucchini is going in everything. Even chocolate chip cookies!
And it just so happens that these are one of the best cookies I have had… even including recipes that do not include zucchini! (I happen to have a Ney York Times rated BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on my blog, so I know what I am talking about.)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
You will see that the cookie dough mixture is very dry prior to adding the zucchini. This is exactly how it should look. The zucchini will release a great deal of liquid into the dough and this is one reason that I like to chill the dough for at least one hour. It really gives a chance for the dough and the flavors to come together nicely.
I grate my zucchini as fine as my grater will allow and I keep the skin on. This is just a preference as I happen to like to see the green flecks throughout. Before adding the grated zucchini to the dough I will hold it in my hand and squeeze out excess liquid… but not all of it. The liquid in the zucchini is what helps this dough come together.
I did prefer these cookies slightly under-done. The edges were just barely golden and the center was not quite done when I removed them from the oven at 10 minutes.
The texture of these cookies is cake-like, soft, and thick in size.
For this batch of zucchini chocolate chip cookies, I mixed things up a bit and used 1 cup of semi-sweet chips and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips. Both versions of the recipe are fabulous!
Looking for More Sweets with Zucchini?
Double Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies
- 1 cup (226g) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and on medium speed, cream your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add the egg. Once incorporated, add flour, baking soda, and salt into the butter mixture, gradually; mix well.
- Stir in the zucchini. (Before adding, try to squeeze out excess water, but not drain zucchini entirely.)
- Fold in and chocolate chips by hand.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop cookies onto a cookie sheet with two inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Do not over-bake!
- Let stand to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then remove and place on wire racks to allow to cool completely.
- This recipe yields 4 dozen cookies.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
I am making this recipe now! However, I am using zucchini that has been shredded and frozen. How much of the liquid should I add back in to the dough?