Truly, one of the most flavorful salsa’s I have ever tried. Over-flowing with texture and flavor, this Cilantro Peace Salsa is a WOW recipe! If you love easy side-dishes and appetizers, check out my Loaded Guacamole, Cheese Dip, and these bite-sized Bacon Ranch Cheese Balls!
Cilantro Peach Salsa
One year ago, if you told me I would be eating raw onions, peach, and diced jalapeno in a salsa I would have laughed in your face and then drove to the gas station for more ding dongs. I don’t like vegetables. Or trying new things. So making this was pretty much a NEVER-GOING-TO-HAPPEN-EVER in my mind. But my husband is a phenomenal gardener. And all of these ingredients are in abundance right now. And not everyone is as weird as me.
But this recipe is worth stepping out of my comfort zone for.
And thank goodness I momentarily veered from my usual tendency to say no, because this salsa is delicious.
Sweet, tangy, spicy. Easy. Good for you. You would be silly not to run home and make it.
We enjoyed it on organic corn tortilla chips, but I am sure it would be fabulous as a marinade for chicken or fish!
You may be surprised at how delicious this is!
- 1 cup cubed fresh peaches*
- 1/3 finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all chopped ingredients in a bowl and squeeze lime juice over top. Season with salt and pepper. Can serve immediately, but salsa is even better the next day!
- *The finer you chop the peaches the easier the salsa is to eat, however I loved how the bigger dice looked. So its really up to you how big to chop them!