This Deluxe Cobb Salad is not just a salad, it is a fulfilling meal! This recipe is colorful, flavorful and 100% satisfying! If you want something different, try it with my Homemade Ranch Dressing! <3 Or even my Cobb Salad Dip.
A Deluxe Cobb Salad is a BIG salad. I really can’t hear the term “big salad” without thinking of Seinfeld, but that is a whole separate story. This is definitely not a side salad. This is a salad that eats like a meal. Cobb Salads are usually loaded with greens, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, chicken, avocado, and cheese.
A truly traditional Cobb Salad uses 4 different kinds of lettuce; watercress, endives, iceberg, and romaine. My deluxe cobb salad is made with a salad mix. To keep me (and maybe you) from buying several different types of greens that may never be used again, I used a large spring mix container from my grocery store.
How to prepare Cobb Salad
I added a bit more color and bite to my salad by adding sliced, colorful mini peppers. You will still find hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken breast, fresh cherry tomatoes, bacon, avocados and two kinds of cheese (feta and cheddar). While the original recipe is dressed with a red wine vinaigrette, I chose a honey mustard instead. This brings a tangy sweetness that pairs well the grilled chicken and salty bacon.
Cobb Salad Variations
You could make create:
- A taco inspired Cobb Salad by adding taco seasoned grilled chicken, black beans, and corn.
- A Mediterranean Cobb Salad by adding roasted red peppers, artichokes, chickpeas, pancetta, and Italian flavored chicken.
- A Thai Cobb Salad by adding ginger flavored chicken, pickled vegetables like carrots and cucumber, fresh red peppers, and avocados.
- Finally, you can change up your Cobb salad simply using your favorite dressing!
Here are a few of my cobb favorites!
This Deluxe Cobb Salad is as versatile as it is simple and it makes a great way to use up extra chicken and vegetables!
Deluxe Cobb Salad
- 1 container mixed salad greens large
- 1 cup sliced mini peppers
- 1 whole avocado, diced
- 1 whole chicken breast, grilled and cubed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 whole hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place the mixed greens on a serving platter or in a large, deep bowl. Arrange peppers, avocado, chicken, bacon, tomatoes, eggs and cheese over greens.In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Season dressing with salt.Drizzle dressing over salad just before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Thanks for reading! My name is Tanya and I blog at Lemonsforlulu.com, where I share classic dishes made with extra flavor!