Crockpot Candy is made with two kinds of chocolate, almond bark, peanuts, and peanut butter chips, all melted and blended together in a slow cooker. Try my Buttercream Candies for another sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Crockpot Candy Ingredients
Peanuts: I used both salted and unsalted peanuts in the recipe. You could definitely get by using all salted or all unsalted, whatever your preference. Folks often add whatever nut they prefer, such as cashews. (Love that!)
German Chocolate: German chocolate adds even more sweetness to the candies. If you can’t find German chocolate, simply use semi-sweet chocolate in its place.
Almond Bark: Almond bark is also known as vanilla-flavored candy coating. It is made from vegetable fats instead of cocoa which is why it is not white chocolate. And, it doesn’t even contain any almonds in it…the name came from its use for covering nuts.
Can I Make Crockpot Candy on the Stovetop?
Yes! Add all of the chocolate into a large, heavy-based pot over low heat. Cook while stirring occasionally until melted and smooth (about 15 minutes). Turn off the heat, then let cool for 5 minutes. Add in the peanuts and stir.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until fully set.
How to Store Crockpot Candy
Be sure to let them harden at room temperature before storing. Or, to speed up the process, you can place them in the refrigerator to set.
Store them in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for up to a month. I like to place them into an airtight container and use wax or parchment paper between the layers.
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1 jar (16 ounces) unsalted peanuts
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bar (8 ounces) German chocolate baking bar
- ⅓ cup (79 g) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (24 ounces each) white almond bark
- sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- In the bowl of a crockpot, add salted peanuts, unsalted peanuts, semi-sweet chocolate chips, German chocolate, peanut butter chips, and almond bark.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and set it to low heat.
- After the ingredients have started to melt, stir once. Cook for 1-2 hours.
- Remove lid. Stir ingredients well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, dollop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until fully set.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.