The purest, organic, delicious flavor of banana makes this the BEST Banana Muffin I have ever had! The secret to this recipe is DOUBLE the normal amount of banana. If you love this recipe try my Banana Cake and Cream Cheese Banana Bread!
Easy Banana Muffins
Creating the perfect Banana Muffin became my mission, and I think I have finally developed a recipe that puts all others to shame! It comes together quickly, doesn’t require any special tools or equipment, and it by far the most delicious banana muffin you will ever have!
What Makes These the Best Banana Muffins?
- The method. It is one bowl (which is great!) but once I added the dry ingredients to the wet I mixed until JUST combined. This ended up being about 15 turns with the spatula. Not over-mixing the ingredients allows these muffins to bake up beautifully and create the perfect texture!
- NO CINNAMON. I love cinnamon in banana bread, but for some reason, banana muffins taste so much better without it! The pure flavor of the banana really shines through. These muffins melt in your mouth!
Can You Make These into Banana Nut Muffins?
Absolutely! Just add about 1 cup of the nut of your choice. Some folks prefer chopped pecans and some folks prefer chopped walnuts. Both work well in a banana nut muffin!
Can You Make These Gluten-Free Banana Muffins?
Some companies offer a gluten-free flour that you can use interchangeably with all-purpose flour. You can use 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour in this recipe, but the texture does change slightly. They are not as light as a full gluten muffin, but still delicious.
How to Store Muffins
There are a few ways to properly store muffins.
- Room Temperature: Because they are best enjoyed at room temperature, this is usually the recommended way to storing. I use a larger sealable plastic bag or an airtight container to store the muffins in a single layer. Some folks recommend adding a piece of paper towel to the bottom so that it will soak up any condensation. If your muffins are properly cooled before storing, this may not be necessary. However, if I am using an airtight container, I will often add a piece of bread to the container, torn in half, and fit in between the muffins. The bread will soak up moisture as well. Best enjoyed within 2-3 days.
- Refrigerator: (Refrigeration, in general, dries out baked goods faster so a typical muffin recipe shouldn’t be refrigerated.) Place in a sealable plastic bag or airtight container and then place into the refrigerator. They should keep for up to 5 days. To reheat, remove from refrigerator pop into the microwave for 10 seconds or just allow muffin to come to room temperature naturally, about 15 minutes.
- Freezer: Place cooled muffins into a freezer-safe sealable plastic bag or a freezer-safe airtight container and pack as closely as possible without crushing. Remove as much air as possible. Label with date and recipe name.
How to Reheat Frozen Muffins
Remove muffin from the freezer and allow to come to room temperature overnight in the refrigerator or on the counter for a couple of hours.
More Muffin Recipes
- ⅓ cup (80 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup (165 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (186 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and set aside to slightly cool.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. (You can use up to 5 regular-size bananas or 6 small bananas in this recipe.)
- Add butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until ingredients are JUST incorporated. (Be careful not to overmix)
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of batter to muffin pan lined with cupcake liners. (This is about ⅔ full)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until center of muffin springs back when touched and center no longer appears wet. Be careful to not bake muffins for too long; you do not want burnt edges.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
only have 3 large bananas, will it work?
My new favorite banana muffin recipe! They are delicious!
This recipe was so tasty! I had bread flour in the pantry that needed to be used and they turned out so nice. I used a large muffin tin which resulted in a longer baking time and the batter made 9 large muffins. This is a keeper and might replace my own banana bread recipe!