Strawberry Muffins are soft and fluffy muffins made with fresh strawberries for a perfectly sweet and refreshing treat. Try my Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes for another light and flavorful snack that makes you think it’s summer all year round!
These strawberry muffins are made with buttermilk and common ingredients you probably already have on hand. They are full of fresh strawberries that make for a delightful breakfast treat with coffee. Or, enjoy one for a midday snack or dessert.
Strawberry Muffins Ingredients
Butter: This is one of the few recipes I will advise you to use cold butter (as opposed to room temperature butter). It gets broken down in the batter.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk helps gives the muffins a lighter and softer texture. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, make your own!
Strawberries: I prefer using fresh strawberries for this recipe, but you could get away with using frozen.
How to Make Strawberry Muffins
These strawberry muffins are easy to make, so you can enjoy them anytime you are craving one! To make the muffins, line a muffin tin (or two) with liners. (This recipe made 14 muffins.) In a large bowl, add the cold butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Using your hands, cover the butter with the flour mixture and start breaking down each cube until you have a crumbly mixture.
Next, in a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk and eggs. Mix these ingredients together and pour over the butter mixture. Stir until just incorporated. Then, gently fold in the strawberries. Fill each lined muffin cup about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean, with no wet batter.
Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin(s) for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Store them in an airtight container for up to two days. To freeze the muffins, let them cool completely before placing them in the freezer for about an hour. Remove them from the freezer and store them in a freezer-safe container. Be sure to label and date the container.
Looking for More Muffin Recipes?
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (245g) buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cold cubed butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. Using your fingers, sift the flour mixture over the butter and then start breaking down each cube until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk and eggs. Mix together and pour over the butter mixture. Stir until just incorporated
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin tins, filling each tin about ⅔ full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs. Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes in the muffin tins before transferring them to a wire rack.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.