These Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are a cheesecake and cookie lovers dream! They have a buttery Oreo cookie crust, a creamy oreo cheesecake filling, and finished with a chocolate ganache topped with (you guessed it) crushed oreo cookies. It is based on my super popular Perfect Cheesecake Recipe! (I also have a No-Bake Cheesecake that people rave over!)
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Cheesecakes are so fun to make and to serve. I love to bring them to parties because they are a hit every single time. These mini cheesecakes are a perfect contribution to a pot-luck or really any kind of party. The recipe can always be doubled or even tripled if you need to contribute more! Just whip out our cupcake tin and bake away. This recipe is simple and the most time-consuming part (and the hardest part) is waiting for everything to chill and set.
Mini Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
A good cheesecake recipe doesn’t require fancy ingredients, thank goodness! They’re all things you can easily find in your local supermarket.
- Oreo Cookies – These days there are so many different versions of Oreo Cookies out there. You can get regular, double stuffed, mint, peanut butter, birthday cake. Any of these would work with this recipe. The sky (and your taste buds) are the limit!
- Cream Cheese – always make sure you use room temperature cream cheese. Cold cream cheese will provide a lumpy cheesecake.
- Granulated Sugar – I prefer superfine granulated sugar, but you can also use regular granulated sugar.
- Sour Cream – I recommend always using full-fat sour cream unless low fat or fat-free is specified in the recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – a great quality pure vanilla extract is always a must when it’s the primary flavor for a recipe.
- Eggs – room temperature always works best. Another tip is to go with extra-large eggs in recipes unless stated otherwise.
- Chocolate Chips – To make a ganache, I prefer semi-sweet or milk chocolate. You can get regular chocolate chips, or you could get a milk chocolate bar and break it up. Just make sure you have enough and that you chop the pieces up small enough that they will melt entirely. If you prefer dark chocolate or a different kind of chocolate, those will work as well but they will change the flavor of the dish.
- Heavy Cream – Bring the cream to just a boil over medium-high heat. Don’t allow the cream to boil over! You can also heat the cream in the microwave.
How to Make Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Start with a 12-hole cupcake tin and add a cupcake liner to each spot. Add one Oreo Cookie to the bottom of each cupcake liner. For this recipe, we used double stuffed Oreo Cookies, but you can use whichever version you like best. Set that aside and move to a large bowl. Add in your cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer for a few minutes, or until the cream cheese is light and fluffy. Next add in the sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg. Once that is mixed together, gently fold in the crushed Oreo cookies. Pour that mixture evenly over each of the 12 Oreos and pop it in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes have set. You can take this out of the oven, but let it sit at room temperature for about 1 hour. Then, cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
When you are about ready to take the cheesecakes out of the refrigerator, that is the time to start your ganache. It doesn’t take long to prepare but needs to be used right away or it will harden. In a small saucepan, heat your heavy cream until boiling. Remove this from the heat and immediately pour over your chocolate chips. Stir until everything is melted. Gently spoon the chocolate mixture over the top of the chilled cheesecakes. Top with crushed Oreo cookies.
You can eat these right away, or chill and wait for the ganache to harden. Either way, I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
These Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are a cheesecake and cookie lovers dream! They have a buttery Oreo cookie crust, a creamy oreo cheesecake filling, and finished with a chocolate ganache topped with (you guessed it) crushed oreo cookies.
- 12 Oreos
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 Oreos, crushed
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 3 Oreos, crushed
Preheat the oven to 325 °F
Line a 12-hole muffin pan with cupcake liners and add one Oreo to the bottom of each.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add in the sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Stir to combine.
Gently fold in the crushed Oreos.
Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cavities and bake for 15 minutes, or until the top of the cheesecakes are set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature (about 1 hour).
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely cool, about 2 - 4 hours.
Bring heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat.
With chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl, pour cream over chips and slowly stir until all chips are melted.
Pour over the chilled cheesecakes and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
Chill for at least an hour prior to serving.
The ganache recipe makes JUST enough to top 12 oreo cheesecakes. If you want more, feel free to double the recipe!
Looking for More Cheesecake Recipes?
These are some of my all time favorites!