These Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are a cheesecake and cookie lovers dream! They have a buttery Oreo cookie crust, a creamy oreo cheesecake filling, and finished with a chocolate ganache topped with (you guessed it) crushed oreo cookies. It is based on my super popular Perfect Cheesecake Recipe! (I also have a No-Bake Cheesecake that people rave over!)
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
Cheesecakes are so fun to make and to serve. I love to bring them to parties because they are a hit every single time. These mini cheesecakes are a perfect contribution to a pot-luck or really any kind of party. The recipe can always be doubled or even tripled if you need to contribute more! Just whip out our cupcake tin and bake away. This recipe is simple and the most time-consuming part (and the hardest part) is waiting for everything to chill and set.
Ingredients & Substitutions
A good cheesecake recipe doesn’t require fancy ingredients, thank goodness! They’re all things you can easily find in your local supermarket.
- Oreo Cookies – These days there are so many different versions of Oreo Cookies out there. You can get regular, double stuffed, mint, peanut butter, birthday cake. Any of these would work with this recipe. The sky (and your taste buds) are the limit!
- Cream Cheese – Always make sure you use room-temperature cream cheese. Cold cream cheese will provide a lumpy cheesecake.
- Granulated Sugar – I prefer superfine granulated sugar, but you can also use regular granulated sugar.
- Sour Cream – I recommend always using full-fat sour cream unless low-fat or fat-free is specified in the recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – A great quality pure vanilla extract is always a must when it’s the primary flavor for a recipe.
- Eggs –Room temperature always works best. Another tip is to go with extra-large eggs in recipes unless stated otherwise.
- Chocolate Chips – To make a ganache, I prefer semi-sweet or milk chocolate. You can get regular chocolate chips or a milk chocolate bar and break it up. Just make sure you have enough and chop the pieces up small enough that they will melt entirely. If you prefer dark chocolate or a different kind of chocolate, those will work as well but they will change the flavor of the dish.
- Heavy Cream – Bring the cream to just a boil over medium-high heat. Don’t allow the cream to boil over! You can also heat the cream in the microwave.
How to Store Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
You can eat these right away, or chill them in the refrigerator and wait for the ganache to harden. Store the mini cheesecakes in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2-3 days. You can also freeze the cheesecakes.
- Remove the mini cheesecakes from the muffin tin and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place them (uncovered) in the freezer for about an hour.
- After the hour in the freezer, individually wrap each in plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped cheesecakes into a zipped freezer bag or wrap them in aluminum foil. Be sure to label and date the cheesecakes. They will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- When ready to enjoy, let the cheesecakes thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- 12 whole Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup (57.5 g) sour cream
- ⅓ cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 3 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Add one Oreo cookie to the bottom of each liner.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add in the sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops of the cheesecakes are set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature (about 1 hour).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely cool, about 2-4 hours.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil and remove from heat.
- With chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl, pour cream over chips and slowly stir until all chips are melted.
- Pour over the chilled cheesecakes and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Chill for at least an hour prior to serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.