No-Bake Chewy Oreo Bars are dessert bars that are made with a mixture of chopped Oreo cookies, mini marshmallows, and butter. It’s a simple recipe to throw together for a potluck or anytime you need to bring a dessert or treat to share. Better yet, the bars are made with just three ingredients and are a no-bake dessert, so there is no need to turn on the oven! Be sure to check out my other No-Bake desserts for more tasty treats!
Ingredients & Substitutions
As I stated above, this recipe is made with just three simple ingredients!
Oreos: I went with the double-stuffed Oreo cookies in this recipe and chopped them up with a knife, filling and all. Crushing them or using a blender would have made the pieces too fine. (But, if you wanted smaller crumbs in the bars, you could still add bigger chunks of Oreos on top.) You could also use regular stuffed Oreo cookies or a combination of the two.
Marshmallows: I used a 10.5-ounce bag of mini marshmallows. If you use regular-sized marshmallows, you would need approximately 40 of them to equal the bag of mini marshmallows.
Butter: Use salted butter that is at room temperature.
Can I Use a Different Size Pan?
I made the Oreo Bars in an 8×8-inch baking dish. You could use a 9×9-inch pan if that is the smallest you have on hand. The bars will be a little thinner, but I don’t think anyone will complain; they will still be a tasty treat!
How to Store Chewy Oreo Bars
Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature. They are best enjoyed within three days of making them. After that, they can begin to harden.
Can I Freeze Chewy Oreo Bars?
No, I would not recommend freezing these bars. The marshmallows in the dessert bars would not thaw well, resulting in a not-so-tasty treat. But, they are so easy to make, you could whip these up in no time when you are craving them or need a quick dessert.
No-Bake Chewy Oreo Bars
- Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine marshmallows and butter.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted (about 2 minutes).
- Add chopped Oreos (reserving ¼ cup for the topping) to the marshmallow mixture and stir.
- Pour mixture into the prepared 8×8-inch pan and press into the pan with a spatula. Top with reserved chopped Oreo cookies.
- Place pan in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.