Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes start with sweet, crumbly peanut butter cookie crusts topped with a peanut butter-flavored cheesecake filling. Each is a rich and satisfying hand-held treat that is perfect for peanut butter lovers! These would be a delicious addition to your Christmas Dessert Charcuterie Board this season or anytime you crave a delicious individual-sized treat! If preferred, I also have a whole Peanut Butter Cheesecake you may want to make!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Peanut Butter: Since these are peanut butter cheesecakes, they are full of peanut butter flavor in both the crust and cheesecake filling. In the crust, you could use either crunchy or creamy peanut butter. (The crust is my three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe, which you may want to try!) However, I do recommend using creamy peanut butter for the filling. And then, have some extra for melting and drizzling over the top of your mini cheesecake for even more peanut butter flavor!
Cream Cheese: Be sure the cream cheese is softened before creaming it with the sugar and making the filling.
Sour Cream: Sour cream is added to the cheesecake filling for added creaminess without being noticeable in taste. If you would like a little bit of tang in your mini cheesecakes, add the optional sour cream topping! Try the topping on just a few if you aren’t sure about it.
Heavy Cream: Heavy cream, also known as heavy whipping cream, is used to make whipping cream that you will fold into the cheesecake filling. Just like the sour cream, this will help the dessert have a more luxurious feel.
Optional Toppings For Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Besides the optional sour cream topping, there are a variety of additional toppings you could add to your mini cheesecake. Although they are delicious as-is, here are some options to try:
- Melted peanut butter drizzled over the top
- Peanut butter cups (miniature or full-sized, chopped into smaller pieces)
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate ganache
- Chopped peanuts
- Banana slices
- Whipped topping
- Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Miniature Marshmallows
Can I Make These In A Mini Cheesecake Pan?
For this recipe, I used muffin tins lined with cupcake liners for ease and convenience. Mini cheesecakes are also made in mini cheesecake pans. A mini cheesecake pan looks similar to a muffin tin, but they are different. With a mini cheesecake pan, there is a removable disc in the bottom and the cheesecakes can easily be popped out when ready to serve. Yes, you could use a mini cheesecake pan. However, we did not test this recipe in a mini cheesecake pan, so you would have to adjust the amounts needed per cup as well as verify the baking time for the crusts.
How To Store Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Store mini peanut butter cheesecakes in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2-3 days. For longer storage, freeze the cheesecakes. To freeze, first, make sure the cheesecakes are fully chilled. Then, wrap each individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer-safe container. When ready to enjoy, let the cheesecakes thaw in the refrigerator.
Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
- 1 cup (258 g) peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (193.5 g) creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (178.5 g) heavy whipping cream, cold
- ½ cup (62.5 g) confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. (This recipe makes 18 mini cheesecakes.)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until combined.
- Evenly press about 1 ½ tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of each liner.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly crisp and no longer shiny. Allow the crusts to cool completely.
- To a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the peanut butter, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- To a separate large mixing bowl, add heavy cream.
- Start mixing at the lowest speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium until the cream starts to thicken.
- When the cream begins to thicken, reduce speed to low.
- Slowly add confectioners' sugar. Then, increase to medium speed and eventually to high speed until stiff peaks form. (Stiff peaks refer to the whipped cream peaks that stand straight up and hold their shape firmly.) Be cautious to avoid splattering.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined.
- Divide the filling evenly between the cooled peanut butter crusts.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, up to overnight.
- Enjoy the mini peanut butter cheesecakes as-is or with your favorite toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
I love all of the fun toppings you can add to this dessert. Its a perfect little handheld cheesecake that would be great for any occasion!
Since I love peanut butter, I knew I would love these mini cheesecakes. I wasn't wrong about that! With both a peanut butter cookie crust and peanut butter cheesecake filling, I am hooked! I don't see (or taste) how you will not like them if you are a fan of peanut butter.
The peanut butter cookie crust is absolutely perfect for these mini cheesecakes. They look so cute with the different toppings too!
If you like peanut butter, you must try this! Every bite is smooth, nutty, and decadent! A wonderful treat in individual portions, ideal for gatherings and snacking!
Peanut butter lovers, try these ASAP! The cookie crust really complements the creamy peanut butter filling!
These are really delicious. I adore the peanut butter cookie crust and the no bake filling is really great and not too sweet. I also love that you can customize your toppings!