Peanut Butter Mousse is a smooth and creamy treat that will be every peanut butter lover’s dream dessert! It is full of peanut butter flavor and just melts in your mouth with its velvety texture. Plus, it can be whipped up in about 5 minutes with just four ingredients that you probably already have on hand! I also have a Chocolate Mousse you will love.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream, or heavy cream, is a liquid that is 36-40% fat. You cannot use milk in this recipe.
Cream Cheese: Be sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before starting the recipe.
Confectioners’ sugar: Confectioners’ sugar, or powdered sugar, helps stabilize the mousse as well as give it a smooth texture.
Peanut Butter: For all of that flavor, use a half cup of creamy peanut butter.
How to Serve Peanut Butter Mousse
There are a variety of ways to serve and present homemade peanut butter mousse. Some ideas include:
- In individual cups or ramekins: This is a classic presentation that allows each person to have their own portion of mousse. You can garnish the top with a dollop of whipped cream or some chocolate curls. Or, top with some nuts for a little bit of crunch to each bite.
- Serve in a large bowl: For a dinner party or any gathering, consider preparing a single large bowl of mousse. You can either portion the mousse into individual servings or let your guests serve themselves. This is a convenient and elegant option that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Make a parfait: Layer the mousse with ingredients such as crumbled cookies or chopped nuts in a clear glass.
- Use it as a filling: Fill a cake or cupcakes with this creamy peanut butter mousse.
How to Store Peanut Butter Mousse
Store peanut butter mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This recipe will make about 2 1/2 cups of mousse and will last up to a week. It will be really thick when sitting in the refrigerator for a few days; let it sit out at room temperature for a few minutes before serving. For longer storage, freeze the mousse, covered, for up to 6 months. When ready to enjoy, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 cup (238 g) heavy cream
- ½ cup (129 g) creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (62.5 g) confectioners' sugar
- To the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add the heavy cream. Start mixing at the lowest speed. Gradually increase the speed to medium until the cream starts to get thicker. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- To a separate large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, cream cheese, and confectioner's sugar. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat until smooth.
- Add about ¼ of the whipped cream to the peanut butter mixture. Use the hand mixer to beat until incorporated.
- Using a large spatula, slowly fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Divide the mousse between 4 ramekins or cocktail glasses for serving.
- Store the mousse in the refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
Experimenting with different mousse flavors has been so fun! This peanut butter mousse is light and creamy. Perfect for peanut butter lovers!
Super creamy and full of peanut butter flavor makes this one of my favorite desserts! It's easy to whip up and will be a satisfying treat for anyone who loves peanut butter (like me)!
Definitely delicious! The taste of the peanut butter is wonderful. It is smooth and evenly blended. I could simply take a spoon and begin eating it all. If you love peanut butter, you will love this!
This one is a keeper!! I love mousse!! I didn’t realize how EASY it is to whip up! We perfected this one pretty quickly, getting the texture just right with the addition of the cream cheese! Try it!! You will ❤️it!!!!
Light, creamy and so peanut buttery! This is so easy to put together for any day but looks beautiful enough for a special occasion as well.
Going to try that for sure.
I love that it says “will last a week” I made this amazingness and took it to work to share. I came home with an empty container the same day. I made a double batch even because it sounded so yummy! It was INCREDIBLE!
Just a curiosity. Why do you mix the sugar with the peanut butter and cream cheese verses into the whipped cream?