This super simple Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse recipe packs a punch of intense chocolate flavor in every bite. Creamy, thick, and oh-so-delicious, our mousse recipe is the perfect way to end any meal and impress your guests. Don’t forget to top it off with fluffy whipped cream for an extra special touch. For another decadent dessert, try my White Chocolate Mousse.
Chocolate: It is up to you what kind of chocolate you use in this recipe. I prefer semi-sweet chocolate, but with any chocolate you choose, make sure it is high-quality chocolate for the best results. The chocolate you choose determines the flavor of the dessert.
Heavy Whipping Cream: Heavy whipping cream, or heavy cream, is a liquid that is 36-40% fat. You cannot use milk in this recipe.
Creative Ways to Serve Chocolate Mousse
There are a variety of ways to serve and present homemade chocolate mousse. Some ideas include:
- In individual cups or ramekins: This is a classic presentation that allows each person to have their own portion of mousse. You can garnish the top with a sprinkle of cocoa powder, a dollop of whipped cream, or some chocolate curls.
- In a large bowl: A single large bowl of mousse can be a great option for a dinner party or other gathering. You can scoop the mousse into individual servings or let guests serve themselves.
- As a parfait: Layer the mousse with ingredients such as fresh berries, crumbled cookies, or chopped nuts in a clear glass.
- In a pie or tart: Make a chocolate crust and fill it with the mousse, garnish with chocolate shavings.
- As a chocolate dome: Serve the mousse in a chocolate dome, garnish with berries or chocolate shavings.
- In a chocolate cup: You can make your own chocolate cup using melted chocolate, let it set in the refrigerator, and fill it with the mousse.
No matter how you serve the mousse, be sure to keep it chilled to maintain its creamy texture. You may also want to try my Peanut Butter Mousse, too!
How to Store Mousse
We recommend storing your homemade mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for no longer than 3 days. To keep your mousse fresh, cover it with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted odors. And don’t forget to label the container with the date of preparation.
More Mousse Recipes
Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ½ cups (357 g) heavy cream, cold and divided
- 1 cup (182 g) chocolate chips, semi-sweet (or your preference)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat ½ cup of the heavy cream for 50 seconds (depending on microwave strength).
- Add the chocolate chips to the cream and stir until the chocolate has melted. This will take 1-2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a medium bowl. Using a hand-held or stand mixer, beat until soft peaks form. (Optional: Store half the soft whipped cream into a small bowl and refrigerate it to use as a topping for the mousse.) Continue whipping the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly fold in half the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture with a large spatula. Gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or cocktail glasses (I used lowball glasses). Refrigerate for at least one hour, up to overnight, before serving.
- Serve topped with the reserved whip cream or cool whip and chocolate shavings
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Would there be any way to substitute the chocolate with çocoa powder and a Lil bit of sugar?
I would love to try some of the recipes they look so good
So Good!!! And so Easy!
Super delicious! I made some this evening! I added a splash of vanilla extract and a TBSP of sugar to the whipped cream. I then added crushed Oreos on top! Will definitely make again!
Hi dear I will try this chocolate mousse recipe cause my family loves it. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. Can I have a recipe for chocolate cheese cake please. How do I make mini cheesecakes. Thank you once again dear, blessings upon you🙏👌🌹
Sorry dear my email is not working but u can sms me on 0733355029 ,many thanks🙏🌹
Super easy to make and delicious. I will continue to use this recipe.
This is a dangerous recipe for me to have! I LOVE MOUSSE! This was so easy and so delicious! I’m going to try it next with a strawberry glaze that I make or mix mix in some Andes mints with dark chocolate, the options are endless.
Hello, I just made the moose and not sure it was ok but instead of using half the whipped cream I use all of it. It is now in the refrigerator and I can’t wait to try it. I hope it came out alright. Wasn’t sure if it was ok to use all the whip cream. I am waiting for your cookbook to come in the mail…So excited. Thank you .