Peanut Butter Pudding is a creamy homemade pudding made with peanut butter that is a perfect snack or after-dinner treat. Top it with some homemade whipped cream and sprinkle with peanuts for some added crunch. Try my Peanut Butter Cookie Dessert for another peanut butter lover’s dessert!
Peanut Butter Pudding
I love to take a giant spoonful of peanut butter right from the jar and eat it! I guess eating this pudding by the spoonful would be a little classier in front of others, and not to mention, more delicious! It’s a creamy dessert that is delicious on its own or with some added toppings, like some chocolate candy pieces, peanuts, or caramel to jazz it up a bit.
Peanut Butter Pudding Recipe
With just a few ingredients, you can make your own creamy peanut butter lover’s dessert.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pudding
It’s easy to make this pudding. Get out a saucepan and the ingredients you need to get this made so it can be chilled before enjoying it.
In the saucepan, over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly add in the milk, whisking until the sugar is dissolved. After the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low, whisking, and cooking for about 2 more minutes.
Finally, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Whisk everything together until you have a smooth and creamy mixture. Transfer the pudding into a bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Be sure to push down on the plastic wrap so it touches the top of the pudding. Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
How Long Does Peanut Butter Pudding Last?
Pudding needs to be stored in the refrigerator. It generally lasts about one week. I like to store it in individual containers so it’s easy to grab or take for lunch. You can also freeze pudding, but the consistency may change a little when you thaw it and eat it again. To thaw the pudding, let it thaw in the refrigerator rather than room temperature. Pudding will last up to three months in the freezer. Be sure to label and date the container.
Looking for More Peanut Butter Treats?
Peanut Butter Pudding
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups (735g) milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup (193.5g) peanut butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase to medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, whisking constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap (making sure to press down on the plastic wrap so it touches the pudding), and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve chilled.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.