Thick, rich, and delicious! This Pumpkin Cheesecake is the perfect addition to your fall celebrations! This recipe comes together easily and is sure to impress friends and family. No one can resist a glorious cheesecake flavored with pumpkin!
So what is Fall without pumpkin? You see all these pumpkin pie recipes out there and pumpkin cakes, well I felt like I wanted to do something a little different and went the route of a Pumpkin Cheesecake! And I’m so happy that I did, this cheesecake is seriously so delish!
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
I love a decadent crust with all my cheesecakes so I chose to use a tad more butter and sugar than most. You can certainly use your favorite graham crackers crust if you would like!
The rest of this recipe is fairly simple! There are 8 easy ingredients, one of them being sour cream. This may seem unconventional, but it adds something amazing to the flavor and texture of this decadent cheesecake. If you would prefer you can use a Pumpkin Spice mix in place of the individual spices.
Finish this cheesecake with mounds of whipped cream and sprinkled with pecans, this Pumpkin Cheesecake puts all those other pumpkin desserts to shame.
This velvety goodness is one of my new go-to fall treats!
Pure Pumpkin vs. Pumpkin Pie Filling
Canned pumpkin is just pumpkin in a can. There should be no seasoning, spice, flavoring, or sugar added. Pumpkin Pie filling has spices and flavoring already added and is sweeter. This Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe calls for PURE PUMPKIN, meaning that we want to control the spices as well as the sweetness.
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted (I prefer 3/4 cup for a moist and dense crust, some commenter's prefer less)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt divided
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 lb (four 8-ounce packages cream cheese) softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin
- 6 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Whipped cream
- Chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and wrap the bottom with tin foil.
- In a large bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
Add 2 1/2 cups sugar and mix well.
- Beat in the sour cream, then add the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt and the spices and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the cooled crust.
- Place your pan into a roasting pan and fill halfway with water.
- Bake for about 1 hour 45 minutes the turn off the oven and open the door to let out some heat then close again and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about an hour.
- Remove from oven and out of the roasting pan and let cool to room temp.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Remove cheesecake from springform and top with dollops of whipped cream and chopped pecans. (optional)
Want MORE pumpkin? Check these out!