Did I ever tell you the whole reason that this blog started was because of my love for sugar cookies? (That is seriously the BEST sugar cookie recipe. Ever.) Anytime anyone said anything about cookies my mind would wonder to the light and sugary deliciousness that is a soft sugar cookie.
As I grew and changed and tried new things I started to make more and more cakes, but I have never lost my love for the simple yet perfect creation that is a sugar cookie.
Inspired by the ever creative and talented Sue from Munchkin Munchies I decided to create some Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwich Cookies. But these cookies arent just because I had a sweet craving, they are actually for a very special friend.
Today some fellow bloggers are getting together to honor Liz. Liz is the creative genius behind The Lemon Bowl blog. Liz is pregnant with her second child and this is her virtual baby shower! In her blog Liz shares some healthier options to food as well as her own weight loss journey. She is such an inspiration! Not to mention a talented and gifted writer.
In addition to trying to make these cookies have a wonderfully citrusy lemon flavor, I added food coloring and tried to shape them into lemons. Uh, rustic lemons.
Pairing a sweet vanilla buttercream with the cookies was a great way to please your tastebuds.
And be sure to check out the other amazing bloggers getting together to honor Liz today! (Seriously, did you see the names of those recipes? I think I have a my menu planned for the next two weeks!
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Cupcakes with Candied Lemon Chips Seeded at the Table
Do you like this recipe? If you are on Google+ you can +1 it right here! Just click above. Do you want to know How to Add a Live Google+ Post into Your Blog Post? Click here!