These Blueberry Lemon Skillet Rolls are easy peasy! I have a brilliant idea. Drop everything and go make these. Seriously. They are simple to do but produce a surprisingly delicious result! If you love delicious breakfasts feel free to try my Homemade Glazed Donuts, Pecan Sticky Buns, Blueberry Coffee Cake, or Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole!
I am hard pressed to get the kids a delightful hot breakfast in the summer, but I think that should change.
The nice thing about this uncomplicated recipe is that I can change it up! Use plain biscuits, use a different fruit, make my own glazes… and none of those changes add any more prep time!
But for me, this was the winning combination. Cinnamon roll (hello perfect breakfast food) covered in lemon infused blueberries that playfully burst in a flavor explosion with each bite. Not to mention the sweet glaze dripping off of every fork full.
How to Make Glaze
1 tablespoon butter melted
1 cup powdered sugar
3-4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Stir together butter, 3 teaspoons lemon juice and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Stir in more lemon juice if needed, you want the glaze to be smooth and can be drizzled easily.
Blueberry Lemon Skillet Rolls
- 1 can packaged cinnamon rolls with icing, should have 8 rolls (tube can)
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with butter.
- Open cinnamon rolls and separate dough into 8 rolls; set icing aside. Flatten each roll slightly with your hand and arrange rolls in single layer to fill skillet. (My rolls did not fill the entire space of the skillet so the had them mostly in the center.)
- In small bowl, mix blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch and then pour on top of rolls.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove lid from the icing container and microwave for about 10 seconds, until it is pourable.
- Right out of the oven, drizzle icing over rolls.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Let me try this again using correct grammar lol. What should we use if we don’t have a cast iron skillet? What is the significance of the cast iron skillet?
You can’t bake a regular skillet in the oven with the handle on it.
Buy a cast iron skillet. No kitchen should be without them. LOL
Made them this morning I love them to much glaze not enough blueberries. But remember that’s to my liking everyone likes something different.