Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups is chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a muffin tin with a surprise mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup nestled inside. If you are simply craving a chocolate chip cookie, check out my Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
There is something special about homemade chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups are even more special by baking them in a muffin tin with a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup tucked inside the cookie. So, is it a muffin? Is it a cookie? Either way the cookie, I mean muffin, crumbles, it is a chocolatey treat with just a hint of peanut butter in the center.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
One of the most common baking questions is “does the temperature of my ingredients really matter?” The answer is a resounding “yes”! Paying attention to detail, such as the temperature of ingredients, truly elevates from-scratch baking.
Recipes, in general, should specify when it is important for an ingredient to be at a specific temperature. Occasionally recipes assume that the baker knows a few general rules about baking ingredient temperatures. When making a recipe that starts with creaming butter and sugar together, as this recipe does, the ingredients should be at room temperature. This ensures the emulsification of butter and sugar won’t break.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Prepare a muffin tin by spraying it with nonstick spray. Fill each muffin cup halfway with the cookie dough. Make a well in the dough and place a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup in the well of each cookie. Use the rest of the dough to cover the peanut butter cup and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350°F. They will be firm to the touch when they are done.
How to Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
This is a fun treat to serve. The cookie cups can be enjoyed plain, or you can jazz them up by adding some ice cream and homemade chocolate syrup on top! I even added chopped-up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups for an added bonus. With all the toppings, you will have to eat the dessert with a fork.
You can also try these cookie cups with different flavored chips, like peanut butter chips, butterscotch, or even white chocolate morsels. The cups are a fun twist on a classic cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (100g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2¼ cups (281g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 package (12 ounces or 2 cups) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a muffin tin by spraying it with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the wet ingredients. Stir chocolate chips in by hand.
- Fill the muffin tin halfway with cookie dough and create a well in each.
- Add mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the center of each.
- Top with the remaining cookie dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.