Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast adds more awesome cinnamon and sugar flavor and lots of crunch to each bite of this popular breakfast. I loved this recipe so much that I made a Cornflake Crunchy French Toast that I think you will love! But, if you are a purist, try my beloved classic Best French Toast.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
If you love a piece of cinnamon and sugar toast, you will LOVE this French toast. Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal was made to replicate the flavors of cinnamon toast, so it is the perfect complement to French toast. In fact, I could eat a slice of this sweet and crunchy breakfast straight off the griddle without any added butter or syrup!
French Toast Ingredients
Bread: I like to use thick slices of bread for French toast. In fact, the optimal thickness for French toast is 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick. You could also use your favorite kind of sturdy loaf of wheat or white bread. Or, try a baguette or brioche bread for a couple more options. And, don’t worry about using older bread; if it is a tad bit stale, it’s still great to use!
Cereal: Look for a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch the next time you are at the grocery store. Now, instead of it being a great snack or breakfast cereal, it is a sweet and crunchy coating to the French toast. You will probably want to use the rest of the cereal for my Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies!
How to Cook French Toast
We used a griddle to cook cinnamon toast crunch french toast. However, a skillet works great, too! No matter which way you make the french toast, be sure to add some butter to the griddle or skillet before each batch.
Why Is the Cereal Burning?
Watch the French toast closely when cooking it. All you need is a little bit of butter added to the griddle or skillet before each batch. If you notice the cereal is burning, carefully wipe down the griddle, add fresh butter, and turn the heat down.
How to Serve Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
As I stated above, this breakfast can be enjoyed immediately, with no toppings necessary! However, you could also serve it with butter, maple syrup, bananas, yogurt, and honey. Oh, and if you want to serve up a slice of this french toast as dessert, offer some whipped cream!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1¼ cups (306 g) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or more or less to taste
- 10-12 slices thick bread, like Texas toast
- 6 cups (240 g) Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon with a whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Add Cinnamon Toast Crunch to a large zipper storage bag. Remove the air from the bag and seal it shut. Use a rolling pin (or your hands) to slightly crush the cereal into a smaller crumb. (You will end up with about 4½ cups crushed cereal.)
- Add the crushed cereal to a plate in an even layer.
- Heat griddle over medium heat, about 350°F. Add a tablespoon of butter to the griddle.
- Working in batches, dip slices of bread into the egg mixture (not soaking the bread) and then into the Cinnamon Toast Crunch crumbs. Press down slightly so the crumb sticks.
- Place the bread on the hot griddle and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Add more butter before cooking the next batch.
- Serve with room temperature butter, maple syrup, whipped topping, or more cereal. Best served hot.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.