This Easy Brownie Dessert takes my best homemade brownies recipe and layers the bars with strawberries and whip cream for a beautiful and delicious brownie stack dessert. For another decadent layered brownie treat, try my Brownie Bottom Cheesecake.
Easy Brownie Dessert
Just like the name states, this dessert is easy to make and can be stacked as high as you want it to be! The combination of strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate brownies piled high makes this dessert a must-have for any chocolate lover.
Easy Brownie Dessert Recipe
There are just a few parts to this recipe that come together easily and deliciously! It all starts with the homemade brownie recipe.
Brownie Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Simple syrup (to keep the brownies moist after cutting them)
- Fresh strawberries (chopped)
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Confectioners’ sugar (optional)
How to Make Easy Brownie Dessert
To get started making this impressive, but easy, dessert, bake the pan of brownies. Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick spray or GOOP. Melt the butter and set it aside while you combine the other ingredients. (You could also use an 8×8-inch square pan and follow the same baking instructions.)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs with the vanilla. Add the eggs and vanilla to the flour mixture and gently stir. Finally, pour the melted butter into the brownie mixture and mix until ingredients are incorporated. Spread the batter into the prepared 9-inch pan and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick is removed with crumbs on it, but not wet batter. Allow them to cool at room temperature before you begin stacking them.
Assembling the Easy Brownie Dessert
Once the brownies have cooled, it’s time to stack them into an impressive and yummy dessert!
- Cut brownies into 4 equal sections. Spread the simple syrup along the edges of the four brownie pieces. (This will help to keep the dessert moist.)
- Set a brownie on a plate and place a few chopped strawberries on top. Cover with about 1/4 cup of whipped cream.
- Repeat this process. You can either make a 3 or 4 layer brownie stack. If you choose to make it with 3 layers, you can chop up the 4th layer into small bits and sprinkle on top of the finished stack.
- Place remaining strawberries on top. Cover with the chopped brownie and drizzle on some chocolate sauce. For added sweetness, dust with confectioners sugar if you would like!
I made this Easy Brownie Dessert live on my Facebook page.
Looking for More Brownie Desserts?
Creating a beautiful and delicious brownie stack is easier than you would think and tastes as good as any Bakery treat!
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter melted then cooled
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (39g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (63g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Simple syrup, for the edges of the cut brownies
- Fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce, for drizzle
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9-inch round baking dish with non-stick spray or GOOP.
Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium bowl add sugar, cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
In a small bowl, beat two eggs with the vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and gently stir.
Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated.
Spread batter in the prepared 9-inch cake pan and bake for 22-25 minutes. Brownies are done when an inserted toothpick is removed with crumbs but not wet batter. Let them cool at room temperature before cutting and assembling the dessert.
Cut brownies into four equal sections. Spread the simple syrup along the edges of the cut brownies. (This will help to keep the dessert moist.)
Set a brownie on a plate and place a few chopped strawberries on top.
Cover the strawberries with about 1/4 cup of whipped cream. Repeat this process. You can either make a 3 or 4 layer brownie stack. If you choose to make it 3 layers you can chop up the 4th layer of brownie into small bits and sprinkle on top of the finished stack.
Place remaining strawberries on top. Cover with the chopped brownie and drizzle on some chocolate sauce. For added sweetness, dust with confectioners' sugar if you would like!