With a moist chocolate brownie smothered in a sweet pecan topping, these melt in your mouth Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies stand up to their ooey-gooey name! If you love a good brownie, make my Best Brownies for a chocolate-lovers delight!
The beauty of this recipe is how it all comes together. You half-bake my famous brownies and then pour true pecan pie filling over the brownies. Continue baking. This is when the magic happens! The ooey-gooey part of the pecan pie filling seeps into the brownies and ends up settling at the bottom while some of the filling and the pecans nestle on top. That first bite is heaven… you get the awesome texture of a rich chocolate brownie but the smooth creamy flavor of pecan pie, then the pecans crunch just a bit and it’s all perfection!
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies are a step up, like a whole flight of stairs up, from a regular brownie. A brownie is fine and all, but when you add my pecan topping to one of the moistest brownies ever, you have a winner! When I crave a brownie, I usually crave chocolate brownies. The pecan topping is a bonus here, and it is very similar to my pecan pie filling I used for my Pecan Pie Recipe!
Can you believe that the first brownie recipe in 1896 didn’t even have any chocolate??? Fanny Farmer’s recipe was really a Blondie, which I do have a recipe for if you want to try that.
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe
As I said, I love a good brownie, and I have made a few over the last few years…anyway, the pecan topping really takes the cake, I mean brownie, in this recipe!
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 ½ cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (42g) dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks or 170g) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (340g) light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs, beaten and at room temperature
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer off, add in the flour mixture. Turn the mixer on low and mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour brownies into a prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together your granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs and whisk until blended well.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and carefully pour the filling mixture over the top and gently spread to the edges.
- Cover your brownies with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for another 30-35 minutes. Brownies are done when you gently shake the pan and the center just barely jiggles.
- Cool before cutting.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.