With a moist chocolate brownie smothered in a sweet pecan topping, these melt in your mouth Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies stand up to their ooey-gooey name! If you love a good brownie, make my Best Brownies for a chocolate-lovers delight!
The beauty of this recipe is how it all comes together. You half-bake my famous brownies and then pour true pecan pie filling over the brownies. Continue baking. This is when the magic happens! The ooey-gooey part of the pecan pie filling seeps into the brownies and ends up settling at the bottom while some of the filling and the pecans nestle on top. That first bite is heaven… you get the awesome texture of a rich chocolate brownie but the smooth creamy flavor of pecan pie, then the pecans crunch just a bit and it’s all perfection!
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies are a step up, like a whole flight of stairs up, from a regular brownie. A brownie is fine and all, but when you add my pecan topping to one of the moistest brownies ever, you have a winner! When I crave a brownie, I usually crave chocolate brownies. The pecan topping is a bonus here, and it is very similar to my pecan pie filling I used for my Pecan Pie Recipe!
Can you believe that the first brownie recipe in 1896 didn’t even have any chocolate??? Fanny Farmer’s recipe was really a Blondie, which I do have a recipe for if you want to try that.
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies Recipe
As I said, I love a good brownie, and I have made a few over the last few years…anyway, the pecan topping really takes the cake, I mean brownie, in this recipe!
- Dark cocoa
- Baking powder
- Eggs–Out of eggs? No problem. Try one of my Egg Substitutes for this recipe!
- Granulated sugar
Pecan Topping Ingredients
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Pecans, chopped
How to Make Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies
The first step is to make the brownies and get them in the oven. Twenty minutes into baking the brownies you will add the pecan topping to bake with the brownies. But, I am getting ahead of myself here…let’s start with how to make the brownies. First, preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Then, in a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk that together to be added later. Next, in a bowl of a stand mixer or another large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until it is light and fluffy. Turn the mixer off (or stop mixing) and add the flour mixture. Mix on low until the ingredients are well combined. Pour the brownies into the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
While the brownies are baking, you have 20 minutes to get the pecan topping ready to add to the brownies. Don’t worry, you will have plenty of time! Simply mix in all the ingredients up to the pecans until it is blended well and add in the pecans. Now is the exciting part! After the 20 minutes of brownies baking, take them out and pour the pecan topping over the top and cover the brownies with tin foil. Bake for another 30-40 minutes and let them cool before you cut them (which is the hardest part of this entire recipe)! Top it with some ice cream and more pecans to really knock your socks off!
Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (42g) dark cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups (1 1/2 sticks or 170g) butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (340g) light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs, beaten and at room temperature
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray or GOOP.
- In a large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer beat the eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer off, add in the flour mixture. Turn the mixer on low and mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour brownies into a prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together your granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs and whisk until blended well.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- When brownies have baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and pour filling mixture over the top and gently spread to the edges.
- Cover your brownies with tin foil and bake in preheated oven for another 30-40 minutes. Brownies are done when you gently shake the pan and the center just barely jiggles.
- Cool before cutting.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Looking for More Pecan Perfect Desserts?