Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is a dough filled with creamy peanut butter and pieces of Reese’s peanut butter cups that you can eat right from the bowl! It’s a fun treat for all ages! I also have Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for a classic cookie dough treat.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Sugar: I used light brown sugar (no granulated sugar) in the dough. It provides sweetness and moisture to the dough.
Peanut Butter: Although I used creamy peanut butter, you could use crunchy peanut butter for a nutty crunch!
Flour: If preferred, bake the all-purpose flour ahead of time before mixing it into the edible dough.
Peanut Butter Cups: To add a little bit of chocolate and more peanut butter to the dough, chop up peanut butter cups. YUM! I just have to make sure I add the pieces to the dough before eating them all…
How To Serve Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Edible peanut butter cookie dough is a sweet treat that can be enjoyed by the spoonful right out of the bowl! However, there are other ways to enjoy this treat, too! Here are some delicious options to try:
- Serve with pretzels and crackers for a sweet and salty treat.
- Scoop the edible peanut butter cookie dough over a bowl of your favorite ice cream (like vanilla, chocolate, or cookie dough ice cream).
- Create a dessert parfait by layering the cookie dough with whipped cream. Top with crushed cookies.
- Use as a filling for cupcakes or brownies.
Can I Bake Cookies With Edible Dough?
Yes, you can use edible cookie dough to bake cookies. There is no leavening agent or eggs in the dough, so keep that in mind. (Check out these peanut butter cookies if you are looking for a perfect peanut butter cookie recipe.) To bake cookies, use a 2-tablespoons scoop to place the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350°F.
How To Store Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 5 days. Or, for longer storage, freeze the cookie dough in a freezer-safe container for up to a month. Whether storing it in the refrigerator or freezer, let the cookie sit at room temperature for a bit before biting into it.
Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- If preferred, bake the flour ahead of time. Place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake it for 10 minutes at 350°F.
- To a large bowl, add brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter. Beat with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and salt. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Add flour. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chopped peanut butter cups until just combined.
- Add cookie dough to a serving dish. Chill until ready to serve.
- Store edible cookie dough in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to a month.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
Yes, please! I love that you can eat the dough or bake it up into delicious cookies! The best of both worlds!
Someone, anyone, please get me away from this bowl of cookie dough!!! I could not stop eating this. I can't wait to add some to my bowl of ice cream, too!
Cookie dough is my favorite form of cookie! These were over-the-top delicious with the chopped peanut butter cups inside! I could sit down with the bowl of cookie dough and eat it on its own.
So yummy and creamy! The peanut butter is quite rich and flavorful. An excellent edible cookie dough recipe for peanut butter lovers!
This. Was. So. Good. So creamy and peanut-buttery and yummy. Absolutely loved it.