Golden Oreo Dessert is a no-bake pudding dessert with layers of white chocolate and vanilla cookie crust, cream cheese, more cookies, cinnamon vanilla pudding, and whipped topping. The name and idea for this dessert are from a TikTok video by @nicole_thenomad. She didn’t know what to call the dessert when people asked her about it, so all she would say is ‘You’re gonna love it’! So, the name stuck, and it is definitely appropriate since everyone who tried it here loved it! To top it all off, I added some white chocolate curls for garnish. Try my Oreo Brownie Dessert for a milk chocolate dessert.
Like, seriously loved it. The kids have all declared this to be their new favorite dessert of all time!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Cookies: This recipe is pretty close to the original, but I added an additional layer of cookies to the mix.
White Chocolate Curls: I added the white chocolate curls to the dessert just for a lovely and tasty touch. You could also use chocolate curls. You can buy the curls or make your own chocolate curls to use.
Whipped Topping: Store-bought whipped topping works in this dessert, but I encourage you to try it with homemade whipped topping!
Make the pudding first, since that will have to chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the recipe. To make the pudding, combine the vanilla pudding mix and cinnamon. Add milk and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until the pudding is thick. Pur it in the refrigerator to chill.
Just look at that cookie crust layer! It could not be easier and is seriously one of the best I have ever made. My secret was to add the white chocolate chips RIGHT to the cookie crust. Let me tell you how I did that!
To make the vanilla cookie crust, add half of the cookies and the white chocolate chips to a food processor and process until you have a fine crumb. You could also use a rolling pin to roll over the cookies that are in sealed plastic baggies to get them into fine crumbs. A hammer also works, but just gentle taps!
In a medium bowl, combine the crushed cookies and melted butter until the mixture is combined. Press the crust in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Use your hand or the bottom of a glass to press it down flat. Set it aside as you make the cream cheese layer.
Cream Cheese Layer
To make the cream cheese layer, simply combine the softened cream cheese, half the cool whip (or whipped topping), and the confectioners’ sugar in a medium bowl. Blend until smooth.
Assembling This Dessert
With all the pieces to this yummy dessert ready to go, it’s time to put it all together.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Layer the remaining cookies on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the cinnamon pudding on top of the cookies.
- Top with the remaining cool whip.
- Garnish with white chocolate curls. Here is how to make your own mini chocolate curls.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Golden Oreo Dessert
- 1 box (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups (290 g) milk
- 48 Oreo Golden Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 cup (168 g) white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (½ stick / 56g) butter, melted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces whipped topping, divided (You may use more depending on how thick you want the top layer)
- ½ cup (62.5 g) confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla pudding mix and cinnamon. Add milk and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until pudding is thick. Set in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a food processor, add 24 white sandwich cookies and white chocolate chips and process until most of the cookies are crumbled (there will still be some chips visible).
- Pour cookies into a medium bowl and add melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Pour cookie mixture into a 9×13-inch pan and press down. Set aside as you make the cream cheese mixture.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, half of the cool whip, and confectioners' sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over crust and spread to edges.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with the remaining cookies.
- Pour the cinnamon pudding on top of the cookies and top with remaining cool whip.
- Top with white chocolate curls for garnish. (I purchased mine at Walmart)
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.