Greek Pasta Salad is a cold salad made with cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, red onions, feta cheese, and pepperoni, tossed with Greek vinaigrette dressing. It is not only refreshing, but it is also a salad that can be made ahead of time (which is definitely a win). Plus, it is simple to put together! For a couple more refreshing salads, try my Italian Pasta Salad and Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Pasta: I used rotini pasta. It is shaped like a corkscrew to absorb all the flavors of the dressing in this salad. Stick to using short pasta, if possible. Or, make your own homemade shaped pasta to use!
Culinary Vegetables: I added cucumber, grape tomatoes, black olives, and red onions to the salad. You could definitely add your favorite vegetables.
Cheese: I love the salty taste of feta cheese in a Greek salad. You could also use queso fresco or Halloumi (another Greek cheese) in the salad. Or, try it with some mozzarella cheese.
Pepperoni: I added pepperoni to the salad for a little protein. However, you could leave it out.
Dressing: Use your favorite brand of Greek vinaigrette salad dressing.
How to Make Homemade Greek Vinaigrette
Just in case you want a more authentic flavor to your salad, here is a simple vinaigrette recipe.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until blended. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
How to Store Greek Pasta Salad
This salad will last in the refrigerator, in a sealed container, for 2-3 days. So, you can even get it made a couple of days ahead of time if needed. When ready to serve the salad, let it sit out at room temperature for a little bit; however, be sure to not let the salad sit out for more than two hours before refrigerating again.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, or other pasta of your choice
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups (223.5 g) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (90 g) black olives, sliced
- ½ cup (57.5 g) red onion, sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- ½ cup (69 g) pepperoni slices, quartered
- ¾ cup Greek vinaigrette salad dressing, or more as needed
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions. When done, drain and rinse under cold water to avoid the pasta from sticking together.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the noodles with all the ingredients. Pour the dressing over them. Toss well.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Love your recipes.
I could live on this salad. I don’t make it often, because I have no self control when it is in my house.
Love the recipe
Love this Recipe fresh tasty and good for you thank you so much!!👍🏻
Love recipes. Would refer to have them emailed to me tho.