This unbelievably creamy Peanut Butter Pie with Peanut Butter Filled Cookie Crust is going to be your new favorite dessert! Bursting with peanut butter flavor and smooth as silk! You may also like my Piggy Pie Dessert, Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert, or Pecan Buttermilk Cake!
Peanut Butter Pie
I decided to make this pie after my weekly shopping trip. I found these cookies… these amazing chocolate covered peanut butter filled cookies… that I have been dying to try. And I am so glad I did! Not only are these cookies the crunchy topping covering our creamy peanut butter filling, but they are the crust as well! Let me tell you, this crust is AMAZING. Those cookies are so packed with rich chocolate fudge and smooth peanut butter filling, I did not even need to add butter like I would with a traditional pie crust!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
This pie only has a few ingredients but it sure does pack a punch. The cream cheese + peanut butter + confectioners sugar = a peanut butter lovers dream come true.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
The most important part of this recipe is the room temperature ingredients. To ensure that your filling is creamy you need the cream cheese to be softened or at room temperature.
There is nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate, and this pie is the best of both worlds. That cookie crust is heaven and adds the slightest bit of texture to the seriously silky peanut butter filling.
This pie can be assembled very quickly, but you should chill it for about 2 hours before serving.
I used a 7-inch pan for this recipe. I love a mile-high pie and was especially pleased with this one!
Can You Make This Without The Cookie Crust?
Yes, you sure can. I recommend a chocolate cookie crust. To make that crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Crush 20 Oreo’s or another chocolate cookie until they are fine crumbs. (A food processor works great for this.) Pour 4 tablespoons melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. Press into a pie pan and bake until set, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- 18 Peanut Butter Filled Cookies, chopped fine in a food processor
- 16 oz. (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (516g) peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups (188g) confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 4-6 peanut butter filled cookies, crushed
In a food processor, pulse cookies until they are a small crumb. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of a 7" or 8" pie pan in an even layer. Place in refrigerator while making the filling.
- In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Fold in whipped topping until just combined. Transfer mixture to prepared crust and smooth into an even layer.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped topping and chopped Peanut Butter Filled Cookies.
- Place in refrigerator to chill, 3 hours up to overnight.