Pecan Ice Cream Bread is a soft quick bread that is made with butter pecan ice cream, self-rising flour, and chopped pecans, topped with homemade maple butter. Check out my other Quick Bread recipes here.
Pecan Ice Cream Bread
With just three ingredients and no yeast used in the recipe, this is definitely a quick bread. It can be quickly made and quickly eaten, that is for sure! Yes, it is flavorful with some butter spread on top. But, the flavor really is enhanced with the added homemade maple butter. So, don’t leave that part out!
Ice Cream Bread Ingredients
With just three ingredients, there really is no excuse not to try this bread. Plus, you will have leftover butter pecan ice cream to indulge in later!
Butter Pecan Ice Cream: Let the ice cream sit out a bit to soften it. This will make it easier to mix with the flour, and you don’t want to overmix. Be sure to use full-fat ice cream for the best results.
Self-rising Flour: It is important that you use self-rising flour. Self-rising flour actually has baking powder and salt in it, which is why those ingredients are not listed in the recipe. It also has a much lower protein level compared to all-purpose flour.
Pecans: There is no need to roast the nuts for this recipe; just chop up some pecans and you are good to go! You could also leave a few pecans whole. The nuts will be in and on top of the bread. However, you do not need to add nuts if the pecans in the ice cream are enough for you.
What if I Don’t Have Self-Rising Flour?
If you don’t happen to have self-rising flour on hand, you can make your own! The recipe is simple.
- 2 cup flours
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Just whisk everything together in a bowl and use it for this recipe. (Ingredient amounts are for making 2 cups of flour, so you will have half a cup leftover.)
Can I Use Different Flavors of Ice Cream?
YES! Once you see how easy and delicious this recipe is, have fun with different flavors of ice cream. The options are endless; just get some ice cream (any flavor) and keep some self-rising flour on hand! And, add some toppings if you want to, like sprinkles, chocolate chips, and more nuts.
Pecan Ice Cream Bread
- 3 cups (510 g) butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1½ cups (187.5 g) self-rising flour
- ¾ cup (82 g) pecans, chopped and divided
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, flour, and ½ cup of the pecans. Mix well.
- Place ice cream, flour, and pecan mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Let cool completely. Slice and serve topped with maple butter.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon until well blended (about 5 minutes) on medium-high speed. (You can also mix this by hand.)
- Remove the maple butter from the bowl and drop it onto a clean piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the butter tightly and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- For storage, cover with plastic wrap or waxed paper and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also place it in a sealable container or jar for storage.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.