Pecan Pie Bars are dessert bars that start with a baked crust and are filled with all the nutty, sweet, and ooey-gooey flavors of a true pecan pie filling. For another nutty treat, try my Ooey Gooey Pecan Pie Brownies.
Pecan Pie Bars
With a sweet filling in between layers of chopped pecans, these Pecan Pie Bars give you the same great flavor of a pecan pie in a dessert bar. The baked crust is topped with chopped pecans, filled with the sweet, ooey-gooey filling, and topped with even more pecans for a crispy topping.
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
There are two parts to these dessert bars–the baked crust and filling.
Crust Ingredients (full recipe below)
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Chopped pecans
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
How to Make the Crust
The first part of this recipe is to bake the pie crust. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×13-inch baking dish. When you line your baking dish with parchment paper (or aluminum foil), be sure it ends up over the sides for easy bar removal.
To make the crust, blend together the softened butter, flour, and sugar. You can use a pastry cutter, a fork, or your hands. Press the crumbs into the pan, and then go back with a hard flat surface (like a drinking glass) and press down on the crust. This helps to create an even surface. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm and golden. Leave the oven on since you will bake the bars at the same temperature.
How to Make Pecan Pie Bars
After the crust has baked, it’s time to fill it with the pecan pie filling. First, add 1 1/4 of the chopped pecans on top of the baked crust. The remaining 1/4 cup of pecans will be used as a topping. Next, whisk together the sugars, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Be sure to not over mix the eggs. Just beat them enough to break them up.
Pour this mixture over the chopped pecans and top with the remaining nuts. Bake for 40-45 minutes. After you remove the bars from the oven, let them rest for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Cut, serve, and enjoy! If you love sweet, ooey-gooey bars, then you will love these bars!
Looking for More Dessert Bars?
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 227g) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (256g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1½ cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ cups light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature and beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the softened butter, flour, and sugar with a pastry cutter, a fork, or your hands.
- Press into the bottom of the lined baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm and golden.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the chopped pecans to the bottom of the baked crust. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pecans for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Be sure to not over mix the eggs. Just beat them enough to break them up.
- Pour over crust and pecans. Top with reserved pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until only slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove the bars from the oven and let them rest for about 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Can also be refrigerated overnight before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.