Another great recipe from Grandma… this delightful dessert is sure to please everyone! Kids especially love to help make this Piggy Pie Dessert! We love this all year round. If you enjoy desserts as much as we do you might enjoy this Blueberry Heaven Dessert or Peanut Butter Oreo Dessert!
This classic dessert is a family favorite!
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (192g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 container (16-ounce) whipped topping
- 1 package (8-ounce) cream cheese
- 1 cup (128g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 box (3.9-ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 box (3.9-ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cups milk, divided (I used whole milk)
- 1 cup heath chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a medium bowl, combine butter, flour, and chopped pecans. Using a fork, combine ingredients well, then pat into bottom of a prepared 9x13 pan. (baking spray or parchment to prepare)
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 15-20 minutes. (Keep an eye on it so the edges don't burn.) Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups milk. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine vanilla pudding mix with 2 cups milk. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes.
- Beat softened cream cheese with confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1/2 (8-ounces) of the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Spread the chocolate pudding over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the vanilla pudding over the chocolate pudding.
- Spread remaining 1/2 container of whipped topping over vanilla pudding.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Sprinkle 1/2 cup-1 cup of heath chips.
Piggy Pie Dessert
I was browsing my Grandma’s old church cookbook and came across this recipe. The name is what drew me to it of course! After reading the ingredients I knew that I had to make it. Chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, a sweetened cream cheese layer, and the most glorious baked crust that you will ever try. I can see why it was popular so many years ago!
I added heath chips (buttery toffee bits) and mini chocolate chips on top just for fun. You can leave them off if you prefer. I think shaved chocolate would also be a lovely way to decorate the top!
Once you try this recipe you may want to play around with it too. Different flavor puddings can be substituted. You can also use cherry pie filling in place of the vanilla pudding for a really decadent ooey-gooey dessert!
How Does this Dessert taste?
So good! The crust is probably the most powerful flavor in this dessert, as the puddings are subtle. The first bite was a bit shocking as I expected there to be more of a chocolate flavor, but what I was really tasting was the lovely pecans. If you want this to be a more powerful chocolate flavor you can use 2 boxes of chocolate instead of the chocolate & vanilla. You can also use more chocolate on top and even drizzle with hot fudge.
If you want perfect cuts where you can see all the layers, make sure that this dessert is well chilled before serving. If you care a little less about the presentation you can serve it immediately after making. It will be a glorious ooey-gooey mess, but still delicious!
More Desserts for Dessert Lovers!
Check out more Desserts here!