With pumpkin spice here and pumpkin spice there, I thought I was maybe pumpkin-spiced out! Well, these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins proved to me that I was nowhere near being pumpkined out! With a super moist crumb and cream cheese swirl, I will probably be making these year-round! Try my Pumpkin Sweet Rolls for another delicious pumpkin treat.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
It really is still the season for pumpkin spice, and I am glad I did not give up on it too soon! The muffins were so moist, and then to taste the cream cheese swirl just put these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins over the top for me. To think that I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie seems so weird to me now that I have made some of my favorite desserts and treats with pumpkin spice and flavoring! Check out my Pumpkin Spice Bread Twist or Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf if you are on the fence with delicious pumpkin desserts!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins recipe includes my homemade Pumpkin Spice. Homemade spices are stronger than spices bought in the store, so if you are using a store-bought pumpkin spice, double the amount. Since I used 1 tablespoon of homemade pumpkin spice, use 2 tablespoons if not homemade.
- Eggs–room temperature
- Pumpkin puree–Canned pumpkin puree is just pumpkin in a can. There should be no seasoning, spice, flavoring, or sugar added. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated/Brown Sugar
- Homemade pumpkin spice–Remember to double the measurement if using store-bought pumpkin spice.
Cream Cheese Swirl Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Confectioners sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
It’s all about swirling the cream cheese mixture into these moist and delicious muffins! You will swirl in the beaten cream cheese and confectioners sugar mixture before baking the muffins. First, preheat the oven to 375°F. Next, in a large bowl, beat in eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Then, stir in the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. After you pour the muffin batter into the greased muffin tin, add some cream cheese mixture to each muffin. Take a toothpick and swirl it into the muffin batter. It will not look perfectly smooth, but that is okay! Bake the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins for 18-20 minutes. Be thinking about making a double batch, these are THAT good! In fact, I loved the muffins so much, I went ahead and made a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Loaf! Yes, I did.
How long will Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins last?
Well, that is an easy question to answer for me–a couple of hours, if that! But, I know what you mean. If you leave them out, a cream cheese muffin will last only 1 or 2 days. If you refrigerate the muffins, they will last 2-3 days, but freezing them keeps them good for up to 4 months.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (109g) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (67g) packed brown sugar
- 1¾ cups (219g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon homemade pumpkin spice, 2 tablespoons if store-bought spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
CREAM CHEESE SWIRL
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup (100g) confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat in eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add in flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a spatula until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in confectioners sugar and beat until well combined.
- Top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter. Try to get the cream cheese down into the batter a bit, but leave some of that gorgeous swirl for the top.
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when an inserted toothpick is removed with a few crumbs, but not wet batter.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Looking for More Sweet Treats?