Red Velvet Cupcakes are a delicious, chocolatey, vibrant treat that most folks seem to love! Don’t miss my amazing Red Velvet Cake, full-sized Red Velvet Cupcakes, and Red Velvet Peanut Butter Blossoms!
Glorious little red velvet cupcakes!
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat sugar, egg, and oil for 1 to 2 minutes or until fluffy.
- Beat in food coloring and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, making three additions of flour and two of buttermilk and beating on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in vinegar.
Prepare MINI cupcake pan with liners if desired.
Fill each well with about 1 1/2 tbsp batter. (If using a regular cupcake pan, use about 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter)
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (or 14-18 in a regular pan) or until a tester inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Red Velvet Cupcakes (Mini)
These adorable little red velvet cupcakes are a perfect treat! Bite-sized mean you can eat more. I mean, bite-sized means you can enjoy them without all the guilt of a full sized cupcake!
I decided to pair my mini red velvet cupcakes with my favorite ever cream cheese frosting. Although it seems controversial, I love cream cheese with red velvet anything. If you want a classic ermine recipe, here you go!
Tips for Baking the Perfect Red Velvet Cupcake
Because I adore you all so much I am going to give you my three TRIED & TESTED tips for perfect cupcakes:
- Room temperature ingredients.
- Oven Placement- try to make sure pans never touch each other or the sides of the oven
- Oven Temperature- try decreasing temperature by 25 degrees after you place cupcakes in oven.
By doing these things in conjunction with a reliable recipe, you are guaranteed cupcake success!