Decadent rich chocolate paired with slightly tart rhubarb is one of the best brownies I have ever had! Be sure to check out my Homemade Brownie Recipe if you prefer straight up chocolate!
Truth be told, I was the ONLY one in my family excited about these. My husband shook his head no when I presented the idea. The kids… they started gagging and acting like I wanted to feed them dead bugs or something.
But I just had a feeling they would be amazing.
And for once, I was right! There is something really magical about all the rich ooey gooey chocolate paired with the rhubarb. It’s truly a match made in heaven!
So what was the final consensus?
Everyone… even my non-chocolate liking husband… liked these. The kids loved them. Hubby thought that the rhubarb was the perfect compliment to the brownies. Everyone also remarked on how awesome the crispy top layer was with the ooey gooey center.
I truly hope you will try these because I just know you will enjoy them!
And here is the recipe!
Decadent rich chocolate paired with slightly tart rhubarb is one of the best brownies I have ever had!
- 2 cups (350g) rhubarb, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup (45g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (63g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat over to 350°F and prepare your 8x8 inch pan.
- In a saucepan, add butter and rhubarb and simmer over low heat until butter is melted.
- Add in chocolate chips then immediately remove from heat. Stir until all chocolate chips are melted.
In a separate bowl, mix eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Add a spoonful of the rhubarb mixture to the egg mixture to temper it. (you don't want your egg to scramble)
- Now add your tempered egg mixture to the saucepan of rhubarb and mix well.
- Add in cocoa, flour and salt and mix until just combined.
Bake for 25-35 minutes in a prepared 8x8 inch pan, or until a toothpick comes out with minimal crumb. ( I baked mine in a convection oven for 31 minutes.)