Made with chocolate chunks, this Giant Cookie is enough to share, but only if you really want to! For a couple of my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipes, try my Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Isn’t it nice to say that you only ate one cookie? Well, you can get away with that with this recipe! Yes, it’s a giant cookie, but you don’t have to mention that part. This recipe actually makes two giant cookies and would be a great dessert to share or to serve at a party with some ice cream. Don’t worry…these giant cookies are only about 7 inches in diameter, not 107 feet like the world’s biggest cookie😯!
Giant Cookie Recipe
There is no chilling time for the dough in this recipe, so it’s easy to mix all the ingredients together and bake the cookie. You will get two giant cookies out of this recipe.
How to Make a Giant Cookie
For best results, use room temperature butter and eggs. That is so important in many baking recipes, including this one. Preheat the oven to 350°, get out a large bowl and start mixing! First, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Next, add in the vanilla and eggs, stirring until combined. Add baking soda, salt, and flour, stirring some more until all the ingredients are incorporated. Finally, fold in the chocolate chunks.
Before baking, divide the cookie dough into two balls of dough. Press down in the center of the ball, creating raised outer edges. The raised edges will prevent the cookie from swelling up and deflating as it cools. Set the cookie into an 8×8-inch parchment-lined baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool before serving. It’s the perfect soft and chewy center with a crispy and chocolatey crunch.
Repeat with the second ball of cookie dough, or wrap it up in plastic wrap to store in your refrigerator for up to 3 days to bake later. Be sure to label and date the dough, as well as write the baking instructions so it’s easy to pop in the oven when you are ready for your next giant cookie fix!
- 1 cup (227g) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs and stir to combine
- Add baking soda, salt, and flour and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Divide dough in half and form into a ball. Press down slightly in the center of the ball to create raised outer edges. (This will prevent the cookie from swelling up and deflating as it cools.)
- Set into a parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking dish, baking one giant cookie at a time.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. The edges do need to be golden brown; if they are not that means the center is still uncooked.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Recipe inspired by @justinmschuble on TikTok. Some changes made.