Today I share with you a little secret. Prior to this recipe, I had never added the 6th ingredient in a trifle before. I was shocked at what it did to this recipe! Next time you make a trifle, be sure to try this!
A trifle is simple. Layer cake with whipped topping and fruit. But it’s how you make it that really makes the difference!
I chose strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries for this trifle as they just happen to be the most popular fruits in our house. Feel free to stick to one specific fruit or add whatever you fancy!
As I mentioned above, the 7th ingredient in this recipe is what really put it over the top for me.
I decided to make my own homemade whipped cream and added Orange Extract to it. WOW, did it ever make a huge impact!
Angel Food Cake
My recipe for Angel Food Cake is perfection, but in the off chance, you want to save time, feel free to buy store-bought or even make from a box mix. No matter what you do, this tall and flavorful trifle is sure to impress anyone who tries it!
What is the best thing about this Very Berry Trifle? That orange-infused whipped topping. Seriously, I would never have thought of using Orange Extract, but it is nothing short of scrumptious. I am now trying to incorporate that whipped delight into everything I make!!
Easy Very Berry Trifle
- 2 cups halved or sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 cups angel food cake cubes
- Toss berries, 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add orange extract, remaining vanilla, cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently stir in sour cream.
- Layer 2 cups angel food cake cubes, and 1/2 each of the berry mixture and whipped cream mixture in 2-quart glass serving bowl. Repeat layers. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with additional berries, if desired
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.
Looking for more great desserts?