Apple Butter Cheesecake is a no-bake cheesecake made with a graham cracker crust filled with a creamy cheesecake and apple butter swirl. Be sure to check out my other no-bake recipes for more tasty desserts!
Apple Butter Cheesecake
The star of this cheesecake is the homemade apple butter swirl that blends beautifully with the smooth and creamy filling. This is an easy and flavorful dessert to make, and there is no need to turn on the oven!
Apple Butter Cheesecake Recipe
The filling for this no-bake cheesecake recipe is made with a special ingredient, heavy whipping cream. I have made several no-bake cheesecakes with the traditional sweetened condensed milk and always find that it tastes a bit different, or noticeable.
Graham Cracker Crumbs
Pre-Crushed vs Crushing Yourself
The quality of store-bought graham cracker crumbs has changed in the last few years and they seem to be less flavorful and have a different texture. When possible, I recommend the full sheets of honey-flavored graham crackers and crushing them yourself or utilizing a food processor.
How to Store Cheesecake
Cheesecakes are rich and filling, so even though you may want to eat the entire cheesecake in one sitting, it’s not always (if ever) possible. So, how do you store it to eat when you are craving a bite later?
One easy way is to cover the cheesecake and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two. If you tightly wrap the cheesecake in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container, it will last up to 3 days in the fridge. You can also freeze a cheesecake.
How to Freeze Cheesecake
- Place the cheesecake (uncovered) in the freezer for about an hour.
- After the hour in the freezer, take the cheesecake out of the pan (you may have to pry it out with a knife), and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Place the wrapped cheesecake into a zipped freezer bag or wrap it in aluminum foil. Be sure to label and date the cheesecake. It will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
Apple Butter Cheesecake
- 16 full graham cracker sheets, crushed (approximately 3 cups)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick / 113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (476 g) heavy whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 g) apple butter
- Spray an 8-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. Add the melted butter to the crumbs. Using a fork, mix well. (You want every crumb coated in the butter as this will be the glue that holds it together.)
- Pour the graham cracker crumbs into the sprayed springform pan. Pat them flat with your hand and then use a kitchen glass to press flatter. Start at the center and work out to and up the sides. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with a hand-held mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the heavy cream and lemon juice and beat for 1-2 minutes, or until fluffier.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared crust.
- Top with dollops of apple butter. Using a knife or offset spatula, swirl the apple butter into the filling, being careful not to scrape the crust.
- Refrigerate until the filling is firm and cold, about 6 hours to overnight, before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Thank you for making my recipe! You took pictures, right? Well go ahead and post them on Instagram! Be sure to mention me @iambaker and use the hashtag #YouAreBaker.